Polk upsets #1 McMinn Central 37-30

jcub50

Polk started out the game with a quick 3 and never trailed. For once, Polk was the aggressor and I think it caught Central by suprise. Central had an off night shooting, but Polk's defense had alot to do with that. Polk was up 30-14 @ halftime, and came out and stalled. Almost came back to bite em though. Down the stretch, Polk missed several easy layups, and was only 5-13 from the line or it would have never been close. 2 very good teams, that know each other very well. Last night just happened to be Polk's night.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man what a stunner this was.

Thing is this could be the best scenerio for MC. It seems they match up better with Cannon Co. opposed to Upperman. I am sure both are quality opp. but playing a team that wants to run with Central is a much better situation.

Cannon Co. can run with anyone if they have too. I don't think they will have too. They have three gunners. Coach Morgan will have his hands full.

Although I am fully aware to the fact that reporters sometimes distort interviews, Coach Morgans quotes in the Times were self serving and degrading. He took no responsibility for the lose, instead blaming the kids by saying, "THEY WON'T LISTEN TO ME". I know the kids played the game, but, man up and take some blame. I also read in the Times in a previous game that his players became "bored" during a game. Is it the coaches job to motivate? Polk obviosly played a nice game, but Coach Davis simply outcoached Morgan.

Although I am fully aware to the fact that reporters sometimes distort interviews, Coach Morgans quotes in the Times were self serving and degrading. He took no responsibility for the lose, instead blaming the kids by saying, "THEY WON'T LISTEN TO ME". I know the kids played the game, but, man up and take some blame. I also read in the Times in a previous game that his players became "bored" during a game. Is it the coaches job to motivate? Polk obviosly played a nice game, but Coach Davis simply outcoached Morgan.

I always get tickled at people making an outlandish statement like yours, stereotyping a Coach. Yes, Coach Morgan did make a statement similar to that......BUT he also credited Polk Co. for their execution and their gameplan. As far as his (Coach Morgan's) own words, he said: "It's the first time in a long time I've had a team to play scared and not do what I asked of them." Being that the Chargerettes are 29-2, I'd say he's been pretty successful at motivating them this season. Losing to a very good Polk County (27-6) team the first time this year was no disgrace.

I always get tickled at people making an outlandish statement like yours, stereotyping a Coach. Yes, Coach Morgan did make a statement similar to that......BUT he also credited Polk Co. for their execution and their gameplan. As far as his (Coach Morgan's) own words, he said: "It's the first time in a long time I've had a team to play scared and not do what I asked of them." Being that the Chargerettes are 29-2, I'd say he's been pretty successful at motivating them this season. Losing to a very good Polk County (27-6) team the first time this year was no disgrace.

Not stereotyping, just stating the truth, according to the Times. If you look at my posts I was defending Morgan last year when everyone was saying he could'nt win the big game. If you look at the scores against Polk this year you would see each game got closer until Polk eventually beat them. Coach Davis made adjustments, Morgan did'nt. Coach Davis motivated and his girls bought into his game plan, Morgans did'nt. How you see this as outlandish is beyond me. Those were his words not mine. Good luck to both teams.