White Station vs Dyer County

Icy

Let me make one thing clear..No one on DC shut Joe Jackson down..The Refs did! They took him out of the game..That was the second worste called game i ever saw! And folks i just live 20 min down the road..I call it like i see it. .The only call that went Whitestations way is the Joe Jackson foul..That wasnt a foul in the first place..DC had te shoot 40 throws thats why their arms were getting tired..Whitestation beat 9 2nite people and thats a fact..5 players..3 refs and the roaring 2000 plus fans..The refs put DC back n the game..End of story..What about the falling out of bounds time out DC got..Rules clearly state U CANT DO THAT! Now i see why DC aint lost n that gym since 2007..PITIFUL! dry.gif

Looooooooool!!!!!!!!!!!! You have GOT to be kidding...I have kept my mouth shut up until know......pleeeeeease go read Commercial Appeal article.....ummmm this is Memphis paper :D DC had 40 free throws because they got heck fouled out of them...game was physical as heck. Tooooooooo bad the foul wasn't called correctly at end of game......I have given this team props and praised them....sounds to me like you have problem that a school from a town of 3000 people came dang close to beating an illustrious 3 A Memphis team and you did NOT expect that....AFTER our fiasco at BTW last year I NEVER want to hear anything about refs from anyone..... :):D Seems to me WS shot some free throws themselves considering they only hit 3 field goals ....points didn't come from God..:lol: Dyer county altered Joe Jackson's game...plain and simple and that DOES NOT take away from what a tremendous player he is......heck even a Memphis fan said his game was altered by us.......good luck at state WS....you have a great team

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me make one thing clear..No one on DC shut Joe Jackson down..The Refs did! They took him out of the game..That was the second worste called game i ever saw! And folks i just live 20 min down the road..I call it like i see it. .The only call that went Whitestations way is the Joe Jackson foul..That wasnt a foul in the first place..DC had te shoot 40 throws thats why their arms were getting tired..Whitestation beat 9 2nite people and thats a fact..5 players..3 refs and the roaring 2000 plus fans..The refs put DC back n the game..End of story..What about the falling out of bounds time out DC got..Rules clearly state U CANT DO THAT! Now i see why DC aint lost n that gym since 2007..PITIFUL! dry.gif

Thats crazy. What about the over the back calls missed on WS all night and the pushing off with the forearm calls that were missed, and what about calling a foul that was a foul on Jackson and then changing it to a player that just entered the game. And you think DC got the calls. At "20 minutes down the road", you are obviously one of the DC jealous haters and that does explain your comment. DC was beaten by a really good team tonight, but there`s no way anyone could have seen the same game I did and not give the Choctaws the credit the deserve. GREAT GAME CHOCTAWS AND GOOD LUCK WS.

You're crazy dude! Joe Jackson is not what he is all hyped up about! He will be lucky to get any playing time at Univ. of Memphis. He shouldve signed with a JUCO program so he could've started somewhere smaller. Prather is a better player than Jackson.

The refs blew the call on Jackson, no question. Number 11 was clearly waiting to sub into the game by the scorers table, and the ref got number 11 confused with number 1>which was Joe Jackson. He wouldv'e fouled out of the game earlier on, which would have made a difference in the game. I'm not saying this is what cost them the game. The black official was obvious a rookie, and there should be only top notch officials calling such a game of this magnitude!! The refs let the game get out of control a little from the start. For Dyer County to come back from being down by 20 at half, is an amazing feat. They were ahead by one at one point.

You other schools from DC land need to just realize that DC is going to be good for a long time! The coaching staff at DC is unreal. I've heard about coach mccords work ethic, he puts a lot of effort into every little detail, it's amazing. I would like to have an opportunity to coach under him and learn from him. The assistants are all top notch too!!

I really thought DC was going to pull it out at the end, like they always do! They just need another big man or two. It's amazing to think that was the first home game DC has lost in over 3 years! I heard they won like 38 straight or something like that at home. I heard folks talking about it at the game.

I predict that they will indeed end up in the "Boro" at least once within the next 2-3 yrs.

Anyway, awesome game!! DC should be proud for comng back from such a big deficit.

if i were joe i would go to southwest tennessee community college, it would be closer to home for him.

Looooooooool!!!!!!!!!!!! You have GOT to be kidding...I have kept my mouth shut up until know......pleeeeeease go read Commercial Appeal article.....ummmm this is Memphis paper :lol: DC had 40 free throws because they got heck fouled out of them...game was physical as heck. Tooooooooo bad the foul wasn't called correctly at end of game......I have given this team props and praised them....sounds to me like you have problem that a school from a town of 3000 people came dang close to beating an illustrious 3 A Memphis team and you did NOT expect that....AFTER our fiasco at BTW last year I NEVER want to hear anything about refs from anyone..... :):D Seems to me WS shot some free throws themselves considering they only hit 3 field goals ....points didn't come from God..:D

i totally disagree, i feel that all the points came from God.

That was one heck of a game last night. I couldn't believe how packed it was in there. When DC started getting after it late in the second half, that crowd played as big a factor as anything. They really have great support going on over there right now. Congrats on a good season, and you guys should be very proud of how your team battled with white station last night. Not many thought they would! And yes, I was once a doubter of your posts myself I must admit, but over time you have proved me wrong. You do have a pretty good knowledge of the game! Good luck next year!
It was a good game.....I said to good friend on here this could be blowout by 20 or more OR will will keep it within 10 pts.....we did the latter and was very happy about that!!! And by the way really appreciate you saying what you did :) Some fans may be upset about zone but I have hard time arguing with McCords decision ...after all he has won over 120 games in last 4 yrs.......:lol:

From reading all these posts,i get the feeling that DC is going to state.LOL.IDK how Mcord is a better coach than Pateno,were Pateno led Haywood Co to state tournaments and now has led WS to 3 straight state tournament appearances including a championship.DC doesnt play the schedule WS has,Milton Ga,Sagemont,Fla,St.Patrick,NJ,Warren Co,Ky,Bellaire,Tx to name a few and still manages to get wins against some of these top teams.DC toughest team they played was Bolivar.Mcord needs to stop playing in the Martin Xmas tournament and play in a bigger and better tournament.But congrats to WS and to DC on a good season.

That was one heck of a game last night. I couldn't believe how packed it was in there. When DC started getting after it late in the second half, that crowd played as big a factor as anything. They really have great support going on over there right now. Congrats on a good season, and you guys should be very proud of how your team battled with white station last night. Not many thought they would! And yes, I was once a doubter of your posts myself I must admit, but over time you have proved me wrong. You do have a pretty good knowledge of the game! Good luck next year!
It was a good game.....I said to good friend on here this could be blowout by 20 or more OR will will keep it within 10 pts.....we did the latter and was very happy about that!!! And by the way really appreciate you saying what you did :lol: Some fans may be upset about zone but I have hard time arguing with McCords decision ...after all he has won over 120 games in last 4 yrs.......:)

From reading all these posts,i get the feeling that DC is going to state.LOL.IDK how Mcord is a better coach than Pateno,were Pateno led Haywood Co to state tournaments and now has led WS to 3 straight state tournament appearances including a championship.DC doesnt play the schedule WS has,Milton Ga,Sagemont,Fla,St.Patrick,NJ,Warren Co,Ky,Bellaire,Tx to name a few and still manages to get wins against some of these top teams.DC toughest team they played was Bolivar.Mcord needs to stop playing in the Martin Xmas tournament and play in a bigger and better tournament.But congrats to WS and to DC on a good season.

Is a personal opinion....am not only one who thinks so and the others I am speaking of are NOT from DC...:D

Looooooooool!!!!!!!!!!!! You have GOT to be kidding...I have kept my mouth shut up until know......pleeeeeease go read Commercial Appeal article.....ummmm this is Memphis paper :D DC had 40 free throws because they got heck fouled out of them...game was physical as heck. Tooooooooo bad the foul wasn't called correctly at end of game......I have given this team props and praised them....sounds to me like you have problem that a school from a town of 3000 people came dang close to beating an illustrious 3 A Memphis team and you did NOT expect that....AFTER our fiasco at BTW last year I NEVER want to hear anything about refs from anyone..... :):D Seems to me WS shot some free throws themselves considering they only hit 3 field goals ....points didn't come from God..:lol: Dyer county altered Joe Jackson's game...plain and simple and that DOES NOT take away from what a tremendous player he is......heck even a Memphis fan said his game was altered by us.......good luck at state WS....you have a great team

newbern may only have 3,000 people but i think we all know that the player pool has a much larger population. btw, nice to have you back adsmom.

Looooooooool!!!!!!!!!!!! You have GOT to be kidding...I have kept my mouth shut up until know......pleeeeeease go read Commercial Appeal article.....ummmm this is Memphis paper :lol: DC had 40 free throws because they got heck fouled out of them...game was physical as heck. Tooooooooo bad the foul wasn't called correctly at end of game......I have given this team props and praised them....sounds to me like you have problem that a school from a town of 3000 people came dang close to beating an illustrious 3 A Memphis team and you did NOT expect that....AFTER our fiasco at BTW last year I NEVER want to hear anything about refs from anyone..... :) Seems to me WS shot some free throws themselves considering they only hit 3 field goals ....points didn't come from God..:D Dyer county altered Joe Jackson's game...plain and simple and that DOES NOT take away from what a tremendous player he is......heck even a Memphis fan said his game was altered by us.......good luck at state WS....you have a great team

newbern may only have 3,000 people but i think we all know that the player pool has a much larger population. btw, nice to have you back adsmom.

True ...is a county school......but we have nowhere near population or player pool Memphis does....and thanks much :D

The jackson foul at the end of the game given to #11 should have been corrected by the official book keeper who would be from DC. It was clear that the officials messed up but it should have been corrected. However, It was other players that stepped up. Good season DC.

It was a good game.....I said to good friend on here this could be blowout by 20 or more OR will will keep it within 10 pts.....we did the latter and was very happy about that!!! And by the way really appreciate you saying what you did :) Some fans may be upset about zone but I have hard time arguing with McCords decision ...after all he has won over 120 games in last 4 yrs.......:lol:

I couldn't agree with you more. Judging from the support that Choctaw Nation gives they could probably afford to go off to more prestigious and play against a few national powers. I think that it would really test their metal, prepare them for the gruling state tournament runs each year and, if successful would give them some much needed respect and notarity from others. JMHO

LOL! Hey copenoc, Its puff puff PASS.... If you pass it, you won't make completely stupid statements like you made. The Commercial Appeal (A MEMPHIS PAPER) stated a couple of things that I thought was interesting.... DC lost by 5 correct. Joe Jackson hit 5 free-throws over the last 50.6 seconds. There was a foul on Joe Jackson that the refs called on #11 Harry Green who wasn't in the game at the time of the foul then at 2 minutes left Joe Jackson picks up his "4th Foul"... Think about this for a second.. Joe hit 5 free-throws down the stretch, but he actually fouled out with over 2 minutes to go... that means DC is still tied with White Station and this game isn't over. Then Coach Pateno after the game said the refs meant to call the foul on Nino Johnson well that would have put him out of the game, also. Another example of the protection of the best player in the state! :lol: It was a great game to say the least. Congratulations to White Station.. Good luck in the 'Boro... Great Season Choctaws... get ready for next season. I want to see a lot of Memphis schools on our schedule next year that would be fun, and/or any of the Memphis tournaments.

I'll be surprised if any of the "Memphis Schools" wanna come visit DC for a regular season matchup. DC has a great home crowd and the "Memphis Schools" as a whole like to think of themselves as large D-1 schools do in NCAA.

HOWEVER---While I agree that the Martin Christmas tourney isn't helping DC establish itself...perhaps DC is best served by NOT playing any Memphis schools until this time of the year.

DC has a unique style for which it is hard to prepare for...perhaps DC's biggest advantage in future games facing Memphis schools is the fact that they haven't played them all year. (Just a thought)

DC will be better in the years to come as they are still very young. They WILL miss big boy inside, but have bright future ahead of them.