White Station vs Dyer County

Icy

Good Luck with your coaching career PHYSEDTEACHCOACH. To make that statement about Jackson just ruined your chances of ever being considered an assistant for any coach who has half of a brain.

I hope you are much more knowledgeable about another sport. If so, you might want to put your focus there.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st off I saw bad calls going BOTH ways.....2nd knew this crap was going to come up BECAUSE most expected a TOTAL blowout and it didn't happen...3rd DC ran a zone a lot of first half and WS shots were falling hence a 20 pt lead.,,,and I understand WHY McCord chose to go this route.....is very doubtful WS had ever seen any films of DC in this type of action and also saves energy for the 2nd half which is when DC has always played well in most cases. Bottom line in this is McCord made adjustments at the half and the team does what they do well...they came back. Say anything you want about him the man is a GOOD coach.....WS has great team and really major talents on that team but their coaching is NOT of same caliber as DC's...don't care what ANYONE says. I saw MANY calls....omg walk, walk, walk....fouls etc that were not called on WS either. I may not post as eloquently with terminology as some do on this board BUT I know the game....and there are a FEW on here who can vouch for that. 4th....Joe Jackson is unreAL and I have sang his praises and talked with some people about the other talents on that team....the hollins kid, and Nino kid are both top notch players. 5th.....DC did not hit their foul shots in clutch situations and as I said earlier youth could be a factor in this game and was apparent in a few instances...that will come in time. 6th..... is if some people would actually bother to read what I post I was talking about Hubbs last yr and stated at first of yr he would be one of if not the best all around player to ever come out of DC before all is said and done.......no worries on this one though, one of the reason I talk more in private messages.....and yeah I go into a lot more detail on those......don't feel the need to on here because figured out it is rarely ever read or considered so I stopped :lol: WS won they go to state and are a great team and my congrats to them!!! bottom line is DC PROVED they can hang with teams such WS.

Credit the Dyer County kids for making a great comeback in the 2nd half and having a brief lead there in the 4th quarter. No one expected them to play and be competitive with such a talented team and talented player in White Station and Joe Jackson :lol:

Choctaw nation has nothing to be ashamed of as the 3A ranks is so much tougher than 2A especially going through Memphis teams to advance.

They had a good nucleus of kids back for next year and will be competitive once again.

congrats on a good season. :D

1st off I saw bad calls going BOTH ways.....2nd knew this crap was going to come up BECAUSE most expected a TOTAL blowout and it didn't happen...3rd DC ran a zone a lot of first half and WS shots were falling hence a 20 pt lead.,,,and I understand WHY McCord chose to go this route.....is very doubtful WS had ever seen any films of DC in this type of action and also saves energy for the 2nd half which is when DC has always played well in most cases. Bottom line in this is McCord made adjustments at the half and the team does what they do well...they came back. Say anything you want about him the man is a GOOD coach.....WS has great team and really major talents on that team but their coaching is NOT of same caliber as DC's...don't care what ANYONE says. I saw MANY calls....omg walk, walk, walk....fouls etc that were not called on WS either. I may not post as eloquently with terminology as some do on this board BUT I know the game....and there are a FEW on here who can vouch for that. 4th....Joe Jackson is unreAL and I have sang his praises and talked with some people about the other talents on that team....the hollins kid, and Nino kid are both top notch players. 5th.....DC did not hit their foul shots in clutch situations and as I said earlier youth could be a factor in this game and was apparent in a few instances...that will come in time. 6th..... is if some people would actually bother to read what I post I was talking about Hubbs last yr and stated at first of yr he would be one of if not the best all around player to ever come out of DC before all is said and done.......no worries on this one though, one of the reason I talk more in private messages.....and yeah I go into a lot more detail on those......don't feel the need to on here because figured out it is rarely ever read or considered so I stopped :lol: WS won they go to state and are a great team and my congrats to them!!! bottom line is DC PROVED they can hang with teams such WS.

I can and will vouch for you.

1st off I saw bad calls going BOTH ways.....2nd knew this crap was going to come up BECAUSE most expected a TOTAL blowout and it didn't happen...3rd DC ran a zone a lot of first half and WS shots were falling hence a 20 pt lead.,,,and I understand WHY McCord chose to go this route.....is very doubtful WS had ever seen any films of DC in this type of action and also saves energy for the 2nd half which is when DC has always played well in most cases. Bottom line in this is McCord made adjustments at the half and the team does what they do well...they came back. Say anything you want about him the man is a GOOD coach.....WS has great team and really major talents on that team but their coaching is NOT of same caliber as DC's...don't care what ANYONE says. I saw MANY calls....omg walk, walk, walk....fouls etc that were not called on WS either. I may not post as eloquently with terminology as some do on this board BUT I know the game....and there are a FEW on here who can vouch for that. 4th....Joe Jackson is unreAL and I have sang his praises and talked with some people about the other talents on that team....the hollins kid, and Nino kid are both top notch players. 5th.....DC did not hit their foul shots in clutch situations and as I said earlier youth could be a factor in this game and was apparent in a few instances...that will come in time. 6th..... is if some people would actually bother to read what I post I was talking about Hubbs last yr and stated at first of yr he would be one of if not the best all around player to ever come out of DC before all is said and done.......no worries on this one though, one of the reason I talk more in private messages.....and yeah I go into a lot more detail on those......don't feel the need to on here because figured out it is rarely ever read or considered so I stopped :D WS won they go to state and are a great team and my congrats to them!!! bottom line is DC PROVED they can hang with teams such WS.

I can and will vouch for you.

Go READ Commercial Appeal article....might tell you something that went on...:lol:

Joe Jackson was still the best player in the building. Robert Okelley was the 2nd best he was sitting by me. I am bothered when I watch a game called so one sided and out of three officials there is only one blowing the whistle. The big man for Dyer co. went to the free throw line every time he got the ball in the second half. Joe was forced to the bench for most of the third quarter. That led to the comeback along with the free throw shooting while the clock wasn't running. Hats off to Dyer Co. they have an excellent coach and players that are willing to die for him.

I was sitting right in front of you and O'kelly.I remember O'Kelley well..Remember him going to Wake Forrest..Seems like he was one of the last cuts for something like the junior Olympic team or a team similiar..I remember someone getting cut from the team before he did..seems like Todd Day..Tony Harris or somebody like that from our area...O'Kelly still looks fit..

DC proved they belonged.

And they are young...Scary....

I know...they have some really talented players. The Hubbs kid may be the next big time major recruit not to mention Yarbrough and Hudson who will get there share of attention to. Wonder what scouts were at this game.

Looked like Coach Kennedy,the Ole Miss coach was at one end of the floor sitting in a chair..Bald..looked to be about 6'5 or so..Pretty sure that was him.!

Being a long time DC fan I think Beavo hit the nail. We played zone way to long giving wide open shots to Hollis. DC is not a zone team. I believe once we changed to man WS only had 3 FG in the second half!! The guys gave great effort and heart after getting down by 20 due to the zone. We also did not get the ball to Big Ced enough in the 4th. He could not be guarded in the post. DC fans will be surprised how much we will miss Big Ced next year. We will have no inside game unless someone steps up this summer. The foul issue on Jackson was a big factor in the final minutes. Nothing can be done other than having the team of refs deciplined for a major correctable mistake. WS is very good and depending on the draw they could make it to the title game. Great season for DC moving up to AAA. Great fan support for DC. TSSAA lost a lot of money with the DC loss.

Being a long time DC fan I think Beavo hit the nail. We played zone way to long giving wide open shots to Hollis. DC is not a zone team. I believe once we changed to man WS only had 3 FG in the second half!! The guys gave great effort and heart after getting down by 20 due to the zone. We also did not get the ball to Big Ced enough in the 4th. He could not be guarded in the post. DC fans will be surprised how much we will miss Big Ced next year. We will have no inside game unless someone steps up this summer. The foul issue on Jackson was a big factor in the final minutes. Nothing can be done other than having the team of refs deciplined for a major correctable mistake. WS is very good and depending on the draw they could make it to the title game. Great season for DC moving up to AAA. Great fan support for DC. TSSAA lost a lot of money with the DC loss.
While understand the argument about zone...also can somewhat understand it....with man you have the chance of getting fouls on key players plus against a team as quick and physical as WS you run risk of wearing players down for 2nd half. DC proved themselves

That was one heck of a game last night. I couldn't believe how packed it was in there. When DC started getting after it late in the second half, that crowd played as big a factor as anything. They really have great support going on over there right now. Congrats on a good season, and you guys should be very proud of how your team battled with white station last night. Not many thought they would! And yes, I was once a doubter of your posts myself I must admit, but over time you have proved me wrong. You do have a pretty good knowledge of the game! Good luck next year!

That was one heck of a game last night. I couldn't believe how packed it was in there. When DC started getting after it late in the second half, that crowd played as big a factor as anything. They really have great support going on over there right now. Congrats on a good season, and you guys should be very proud of how your team battled with white station last night. Not many thought they would! And yes, I was once a doubter of your posts myself I must admit, but over time you have proved me wrong. You do have a pretty good knowledge of the game! Good luck next year!
It was a good game.....I said to good friend on here this could be blowout by 20 or more OR will will keep it within 10 pts.....we did the latter and was very happy about that!!! And by the way really appreciate you saying what you did :) Some fans may be upset about zone but I have hard time arguing with McCords decision ...after all he has won over 120 games in last 4 yrs.......:lol: