Humboldt vs City University

JungleJim125

Let's here your thoughts and predictions on this one. Humboldt will host this one and it's hard to beat Humboldt at home! All i'm going to say is if Humboldt kepts playing as they are now they will be hard to handle! How about UC and Westwood! UC has to travel to Memphis and it's going to be hard to win there! But i look for UC to play well in this game should be a dandy! Good Luck to Humboldt and Union City! :motorbike:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

City is very similar to Humboldt but their guards are a bit taller, they go about 6 0" cross the board. I've only seen City once this year and although they won I was'nt overly impressed. They were about 7 deep and had a couple of 6 4"s down low....like I said very similar to the boldt!

I would say it's going to be a tough game for Humboldt but I'll give them the edge if only because of the home floor. Humboldt is playing very well at the right time of the season!

City is very similar to Humboldt but their guards are a bit taller, they go about 6 0" cross the board. I've only seen City once this year and although they won I was'nt overly impressed. They were about 7 deep and had a couple of 6 4"s down low....like I said very similar to the boldt!

I would say it's going to be a tough game for Humboldt but I'll give them the edge if only because of the home floor. Humboldt is playing very well at the right time of the season!

I been doing a little schedule searching. This may not mean anything to some fans. The 17 wins CU has teams have a combined record of 141-218. The teams they lost two were 114-56. They were beat by some good teams but their wins by some poor teams. That is unusall in Memphis! But we will see come Monday Night! Good luck Humboldt!! :roflol:

I know nothing about City U. but i think the Vikings will get the W.. with the home court edge.

I agree with u Humboldt is playing team ball right now and playing at home is a big plus! CU has some size a couple of kids 6'3 6'4 from what i been told! Their guards are around 6 ft.but if the Vikings kept playing like they are now they will be headed for Boro! But i don't they have played the schedule Humboldt has played! Good luck and i hope Humboldt gets back to the Boro to bring the Gold Ball Home! :?

Good luck to district 14A. In my opinion, humboldt comes home with the gold but you can never count out uc when coach sisco is in charge. :thumb:

I will agree with u but Humboldt should have a couple of Gold Balls already. Humboldt continues to play team play and kept going to the big men inside they have a great shot! Boykin is finally coaching better and they shot 81% from the line the other night that must continue also! UC always a threat with Sisco at the helm! Good Luck to 14A as well! :thumb:

The Vikings will have their largest crowd of the season tomorrow night. When that gym is packed, Humboldt is a HARD place to win. We're peaking at the right time and that's why I give Humboldt the edge.

I look for City University to be close to equally athletic if not more so than Humboldt but not as deep and not as team-oriented. This past Thursday's win vs UC was huge for several reasons but the main one is that Brooks only had 6 points and we still won big. I've said all year long that our success lies with Brooks. If he's hitting from outside, he changes games and we're tough to beat. If he's cold, our offense struggles.

Well, UC has done a better job than anyone all season at not giving Brooks open looks and so we were forced to work the ball inside instead of being content with passing it around the perimeter. It seems this is when we are at our best. When we throw it into either the high or low post and run our offense from there, everything opens up for us. We exhibited some great interior passing and drew some double teams allowing passes for open shots or lay ups.

In a packed house, I'm saying Humboldt 77 City University 70