AA State Tournament

coachrus

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only did McMinn Central lose Kylie Lambert, they also lost two other solid Senior players off last years team. Coaches Morgan and Young do a commendable job in molding the younger players. Speaking of Kylie.......not sure if you've noticed or not, but she's doing very well at UT Chattanooga.

Polk hasn't really been a "slow-down" team this year, but since it worked so well against McMinn Central in the Region Championship game, they did the same thing against Upperman - which is similar to McMinn Central. Coach Davis is a sage veteran.....and he's won the state championship before. He's retiring after this season, so the Lady Wildkittens are playing with a lot of heart for him.

Gibson County clearly appears to be the team to beat this year.

McMinn Central lost four senior starters from last year and one other that played a lot as well..........all made significant contributions in various ways. Not surprised that they are doing well this year though, they seem to always have great players

GC v. Westview for state championship..... just my .2 cents worth!

I would say that Gibson County is the favorite. I would then guess McMinn, South Greene, Polk Co., CPA, Greenville, Westview and Lewis Co. The draw may change my thoughts. Of course in any given night.......

I'm surprised at the success that McMinn Central is having after losing Mylie Lambert last year. Congrats to them on making it to the 'boro this year!

So....the run down I've heard on Polk Co. is they like to slowwwww the game down and try to make teams play at their pace. It's really not the most exciting way to play, but it seems effective as they've made it to the 'boro.

In the region championship polk co didn't sub the WHOLE game (except once when a girl fouled out).Polk came out on fire and built up a 15 piont lead and sat on it. They scored 1 point in the third quarter. I dont know how much slower you can make the game. So Polk in prob going to come out in a 2-3 and get a quick lead and then play monkey in the middle. Lets go Central win a game in the tourn this year lol

Sense there are no 8AA teams in the running for the first time in a long time im going to have to go with last years State Champs to repeat this year. Good Luck Gibson Co. Hope yall win it all.

Thanks LA! It's rare not to have one of your teams in it. There's definately alot of newcomers in the state this year that I haven't seen in years past. Polk Co., CPA, Lewis etc...

playmaker, GC loves going up against a 2-3 zone and then having to defend monkey in the middle!!! :thumb: How would Polk Co. handle a press that is non-stop for 32 minutes? Please don't think you can just dribble through that press either. :thumb:

i have seen gc play alot and most teams handle the press the the first if they have already played us before. but if a team has never played us they have alot of trouble with it. teams can watch film on gc but it is not the same as actualy playing aganist it. and gc is in very good shape better than most gc just run run and run some more so that will come into play also but we will see how the week goes good luck gc go lady p's!!!!!!