TSSAA is a JOKE!!!!!

foosball44

I'd like to see the classifications be 6 classifications like in football...for example: 1-100 Class D, 100-300 Class C, 301-600 Class B, 601-900 Class A, 901-1300 Class AA, 1301 and above AAA. Right now in A you have schools with 100 students playing school with over 500. Jackson Co. has over 500 students, Coalfield has over 500, Moore Co. has 400, Wayne Co. has 389, North Greene has 433, Middleton has 611, Scotts Hill has 361 and I couldn't find how many go to Arts & Sciences. All are the bigger schools in single A. It is an accomplishment for very small schools like Clarkrange with 233 students and Pickett Co. with 205 students to have won 8 championships and 5 championships each when they play schools two and three times their size. Plus with 6 classifications, TSSAA would make more money and that always seems to be the bottom line.

Actuall, coalfield only has about 200 in their high school (graduating between 40-50 every year). It's a K-12, so possibly 500 in the whole school. Every girl grew up in Coalfied schools as well! Unlike JC and CR! :angry:

maybe there's no reason for anyone to move to coalfield I don't know but I will bet you at some time you had a kid play that wasn't born there or didn;t grow up there but if a family does move there why would their kids not be allowed to play sports, you can't just transfer your family has to move to your school district and until someone makes it illegal to move this will happen and its none of our business as long as they follow the rules where a family lives.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rabbitranch, cut me some slack,ant ole atall jest been here awhile./

did you play back in the days of the 2 platoon system, where you different players on the offensive and defensive ends?? My daughter would have loved that!! She is a defensive gem. (but she did get her first Triple double the other night in the jr pro league. hahahaha. 12 points, 15 rebounds, 12 steals.)

anyways, had a big night in the jr pro gym last night so I didnt get a chance to put my hypothetical bracket together. I will work on it very soon.

Did he play in the days of the 2 platoon system? Senator was in school when they were still using peach baskets for goals. :angry:

yep I go to that era of three on each end but most of us had metal rims but all the floors weren't the same size, you could sometimes shoot from the opponents foul line about the distance of a half court shot now.

I agree that kids may just want to move to programs like CR or JC and not somewhere like Coalfield, but one has to admit there seems to be a pattern of athletes that transfer/move in their high school years at these schools. It happens almost every year that a best player from a local team moves to one. Maybe its done legally and no recruiting is involved, but that doesn't change the fact that it makes it much more difficult for other teams to compete that don't have the luxury of collecting all the best athletes in the area. High school basketball is trying to imitate AAU or college and I think it takes away from the experience. Oh well, not like its going to change, just stating my opinion. The JC girls work hard for their wins as do other teams like CR, but my point is that I find it much more impressive when teams like Oliver Springs make it to the championship game with the same girls that played together since middle school. I feel like that is what high school sports is all about. Representing the school and community that you've grown up in and giving back by bringing all the excitement and pride championships have to offer.