Boone v Bearden

dirtydawg15

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you seen Boone play? I have gotten the oppurtunity too watch both teams. Boone may not be as athletic as Bearden, but Boone ALWAYS plays with heart and as hard as they can. Not sayin that Bearden doesnt, but if Bearden wins it will be because they are just a better team not because they out hustled Boone. The advantage goes to the Bearden seeing that they have home court, more experience at this level, and im sure the atmosphere there will be rocking. Boone is a good team, but also young. But they have played in many big games as of late facing elimination 3 times and winning in all of them. Boone needs to sustain that first punch that Bearden will hit them with, and if they do that then they are going to be in the game. The key is to not get down early. 4 of the basketball players for Boone also play baseball and start on the football team. These guys are competitors and they willl not quit, not after the year they have had. I think this game will be alot closer than alot of people think. If Boone plays like they have of recent then i honestly think Boone will come out with a victory. Boone: 61 Bearden: 58 "Full Eyes, Clear Hearts, Cant Lose" :thumb:

Does Boone have a fighting chance in this game? Bearden has been focused as of late and have been able to come through when "winning time" comes around in the game. My guess is that Bearden wins by 15-20. Greene and White will be too much for Boone.

Thoughts?

Do both teams start out at zero? Do both teams have high school aged kids? Then yeah, they have a "fighting chance" of winning just like Bearden. Boone upset a Science Hill team that was slated to be in this game not once, but twice. Beat DB once and lost by 4 in the regions. If you state that Boone doesn't have a fighting chance, you should just say the same thing about every team in dictrict 1 and 2 since they are all on the same level.

It'll be a game, if you overlook Boone you'll lose, simple as that.

Im tellin you this right now, if u (Bearden) underestimate the fight in a Trailblazer, U WILL LOSE TONIGHT!!! mark my word. They play as hard as any team in the state i promise, thats why there where they are now. "Full Eyes, Clear Hearts, Cant Lose" :bored:

You must have never seen Bearden play...this team plays harder than any Bearden team I have seen in the last 15 years. We won't underestimate Boone, they just better be ready to come play with the Big Dogs!!!

Watch out Bearden! You might have more experience and might be faster but Boone has size in the posts and a post player that will play harder than anyone named Kevin Connell. They also have many players that can hit a contested three shot at anytime. This team wasnt even suppose to make it past the first round of the Big 8 tournament against SS. Experience does matter but its the team that wants it more in the end! Cinderella is coming to Knoxville!

Go Blazers

Watch out Bearden! You might have more experience and might be faster but Boone has size in the posts and a post player that will play harder than anyone named Kevin Connell. They also have many players that can hit a contested three shot at anytime. This team wasnt even suppose to make it past the first round of the Big 8 tournament against SS. Experience does matter but its the team that wants it more in the end! Cinderella is coming to Knoxville!

Go Blazers

The Trailblazers came down to the Doghouse and played well, but Beardens athletism was too hard to handle for Daniel Boone. They played hard and I was impressed by #14 and #24. I think it hurt them that Connell got his 3rd foul and got t'd up on the same play for his 4th foul. That really hurt the trailblazers because Connell never came back in the game. The Daniel Boone fans traveled well. Great win Bulldogs, and you deserve the trip back to the Boro. Never in my wildest dreams would I have ever guessed this group of players would have made it back there after losing all 5 starters from last years team. Our boys will see something in the state tourney that they haven't faced all year...size and athletism from the Memphis teams. The Blev will have them prepared. Regardless from what happens from here on out, this will go down as one of the greatest teams to have ever graced the parquet floor of BHS. Good Luck guys and way to play hard!!!

Told ya.

Bearden wins 83-60 and is going back to the 'Boro.

I wasn't able to attend the game, so I have no analyis to offer. But at the end of the day you can play harder than the other team, but you got to put points on the scoreboard- or keep the other team from doing so.

Hopefully the Dogs will get a good draw (not Melrose or White Station) and be able to make some noise next weekend.

Bearden dominated from start to finish Boone never had a shot down 10 plus whole game... Greene ended up with 20 and couldnt be stopped white and lawson played well also with Beardens post players also playing well... everyone likes to doubt this team but they are very good and talented and play harder than anyone including Daniel Boone they can do some damage in the Boro.

Boone does not have a chance against Bearden, except that Bearden is coached by Blevins. His teams always choke on the big stage!!!

Bearden is coached by Blevins, therefore they are going to the State Tourney!!! Hands down, Beardens Blevins and Fultons Wright are two of the best coaches to ever come through Knoxville. They both have their teams prepared for no matter who their opponents may be. Congrats to both the Bulldogs and Falcons on their return trips back down I-40 WEST