Boone v Bearden

dirtydawg15

They are great coaches and the best. However, George Pitts coached at Bearden and is from Knoxville. He is probably the best high school coach ever in Tennessee with 7 state championships and 2 runner ups. I couldn't agree more though with Jody and Mark they're outstanding.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard from someone that went to the game that the officials were Knoxville officials. Is this true? If so, how do you get local officials at a sub-state game. I would think they would have to be outside officials. He said that one of them was the same official that called the Boone DB game last week.

They are great coaches and the best. However, George Pitts coached at Bearden and is from Knoxville. He is probably the best high school coach ever in Tennessee with 7 state championships and 2 runner ups. I couldn't agree more though with Jody and Mark they're outstanding.

Excellent point. Pitts is a legend in HS Bball in the State of TN. He actually coached the best player to ever play at Bearden, John Johnson. I wish I would have had the chance to see him play, but was only 4 years old when he graduated

The state assigns officials from the region tourney on. There were no officials from Knoxville. You just flat out got beat. Quit looking for excuses

Not a usual Boone poster Hoops, and I will agree that Boone just got flat out beat. Great team for Boone this year, but Bearden seems to be an absolute beast. NET doesn't usual post for Boone, more of one of the area people who pokes around here and there. And as for local or not local officials, they are all asigned and they go where they are told. No home cooking playoff time I would think.

No one accused the officials of cheating. I heard Boone just got outplayed. I just thought it was interesting if it was true. I have confirmed that the one official called both games and that it is interesting. Supposedly it was Knoxville officials that called region 1 championship.