Time to hear McMinn Central vs. Greenville

logcabinman

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching what South Greene did to Polk County earlier today, I am giving Greeneville the nod in this one in a tight, low-scoring game. I'll go with GHS 40, MCHS 38.

If Greeneville's big's can stay out of foul trouble they can hang with MC. They are clutch free-throw shooters which could give them the advantage late in a tight game.

My vote is on Greeneville. :hungry:

I know based on last night Polk game some would want to go with Greenville. You have to remember the first meeting with Central they could have beaten Polk by 40 if they wanted. Polk just got Centrals # after 4rh game. I see Central by 10.

Why? Just because it took Polk 4 times to get a win doesn't mean everyone that slow on the uptake. I guarantee Coach Crumbley and staff dissected every inch of film they could get their hands on and have a gameplan. GC and MC have been the teams to beat all season and after regionals I'm sure all the coaches have had someone working on them since the sub-state match-ups were set. Its the underdogs that weren't expected to be here that are the most dangerous as noone was preparing for them. If Greeneville keeps this one close, they are a dangerous opponent, as their discipline and conditioning are first-rate. Go Greene!

My vote is on Greeneville. :hungry:

I know based on last night Polk game some would want to go with Greenville. You have to remember the first meeting with Central they could have beaten Polk by 40 if they wanted. Polk just got Centrals # after 4rh game. I see Central by 10.

Why? Just because it took Polk 4 times to get a win doesn't mean everyone that slow on the uptake. I guarantee Coach Crumbley and staff dissected every inch of film they could get their hands on and have a gameplan. GC and MC have been the teams to beat all season and after regionals I'm sure all the coaches have had someone working on them since the sub-state match-ups were set. Its the underdogs that weren't expected to be here that are the most dangerous as noone was preparing for them. If Greeneville keeps this one close, they are a dangerous opponent, as their discipline and conditioning are first-rate. Go Greene!

I agree records mean absolutly nothing barb, just I think MC can matchup any way they need to- speed, size, and conditioning not a problem. I am sure Greenville is well coached. If MC is on from outside it will be a good day, if not it could be ugly. You never know with this bunch. The reason I brought up the Polk win over MC is I felt it was an overconvident MC bunch that felt it was theirs for Polk to give. I think they may have woke a sleeping giant. If they would have hit their free throws they could have beaten Cannon by double digits.

Just my two cents. I was not overly impressed with McMinn Central at last year's state tournament. Maybe they had a bad day, or have a better team this year. I know more about Greeneville. They are in their first year in AA and still look like a AAA team. The posts are 6'0 and 5'10 and solid. Both wings are 5'10. It is a big , physical, half court team. The Lady Devil's strength is half court defense. They are tough to score on. To beat them, I believe you have to press and speed the game up into the 50's or 60's. If you let them keep it in the 30's, they will beat you. The injury to point guard Christopher is huge. Her solid play led Greeneville to a regional semi-final win over my beloved Elizabethton Cyclones. If she were healthy, I would definitely go with Greeneville. Since she is not, I believe McMinn Central will win.......53-43.

Just my two cents. I was not overly impressed with McMinn Central at last year's state tournament. Maybe they had a bad day, or have a better team this year. I know more about Greeneville. They are in their first year in AA and still look like a AAA team. The posts are 6'0 and 5'10 and solid. Both wings are 5'10. It is a big , physical, half court team. The Lady Devil's strength is half court defense. They are tough to score on. To beat them, I believe you have to press and speed the game up into the 50's or 60's. If you let them keep it in the 30's, they will beat you. The injury to point guard Christopher is huge. Her solid play led Greeneville to a regional semi-final win over my beloved Elizabethton Cyclones. If she were healthy, I would definitely go with Greeneville. Since she is not, I believe McMinn Central will win.......53-43.

Central strength is up tempo with some size.

I would have to agree with you about McMinn Central's tournament showing last year. I'm a fan of many teams in this area, but went to Murfreesboro last year as a fan of McMinn Central. Matter of fact, I went over there with Kylie Lambert's Uncle, Aunt, and first cousin. The Chargerettes had an 8 point lead at the half, but the wheels came off in the third quarter......getting outscored something like 16-2. In my opinion, the girls depended on Kylie Lambert too much, thinking she could virtually win the game herself. Kylie was double and triple teamed when she drove to the lane, forcing her to make awkward shots that just weren't falling. And then when the girl from the other team (forgot who Central played) started getting hot from beyond the arc (many times uncontested), I knew Central was in trouble. I expected the Chargerettes to win, and possibly face Gibson County in the state championship game.....but that obviously doidn't happen.

I don't know anything about McMinn Central except their record and what is posted on this forum. Obviously, they have a good team to make the state tournament field. I am somewhat familiar with Greeneville. They are big (or long) and physical. I believe the Lady Devil's strength is the half-court game (both offensively and defensively). The are very efficient on offense as they look to get the ball into the posts. They can shoot from the outside, but I don't consider that to be their strong suit. In hind sight, if my Elizabethton Lady Cyclones had sagged and provided more help in the post, we probably win the regional semi-final game. I agree with coachh17 in that they are hard to score on in the half court. Their length presents problems for opponents' outside shooters. In a previous post, someone from MC indicated that running and outside shooting are their strengths. That is good, but this is tough to do against Greeneville (re: those were EHS's strengths too, but were ineffective during the regional semi's). In the end, I too believe the big question in this game is Greeneville's guard play. If they can be effective (likely depends on whether the Christopher kid can or does play), I predict this will be a hotly contested battle that will likely go down to the final horn. If MC can effectively press and turn Greeneville over, I believe they can pull away and win. Regardless, I am pulling for the Lady Devils since they are from Upper East TN and they defeated my EHS Lady Cyclones. Good luck GHS...