Single A State Tourney

dantheman

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This year's Humboldt team has something special...We've got two athletic lefties in Dunbar and Bryson in the post that rebound very well, play solid defense, and have a soft touch around the basket. We've got a lefty shooting guard in Brooks with unlimited range and playmaking ability. He's young but when he's on his game, he shoots it as good as anybody. We've got a solid role player in Martin who does the little things. At first, I didn't like Martin's game but it's growing on me. He does the little things throughout the game that add up to a victory at the end. Loose balls, rebounds, steals, put backs...Martin does all of this very well and has a large part in our success. Most importantly, we've got a point guard in Campbell who is virtually unstoppable right now. Last night, against a team with great speed and athleticism, Campbell stood out as the best athlete on the court. He gets in the paint almost at will and either scores it himself or leaves someone with an open shot. Our bench is young but has shown some promise. I just wish Boykin would trust his bench a little more.

This year's Humboldt team has something special...We've got two athletic lefties in Dunbar and Bryson in the post that rebound very well, play solid defense, and have a soft touch around the basket. We've got a lefty shooting guard in Brooks with unlimited range and playmaking ability. He's young but when he's on his game, he shoots it as good as anybody. We've got a solid role player in Martin who does the little things. At first, I didn't like Martin's game but it's growing on me. He does the little things throughout the game that add up to a victory at the end. Loose balls, rebounds, steals, put backs...Martin does all of this very well and has a large part in our success. Most importantly, we've got a point guard in Campbell who is virtually unstoppable right now. Last night, against a team with great speed and athleticism, Campbell stood out as the best athlete on the court. He gets in the paint almost at will and either scores it himself or leaves someone with an open shot. Our bench is young but has shown some promise. I just wish Boykin would trust his bench a little more.

Hey red, thing is that we were'nt even supposed to be having this conversation. This was supposed to be a rebuilding year for the Vikings after losing 7 talented seniors from last years squad. This team has come a long way since the first game of the season and are playing their best ball right now. I think some credit has to be given to coach Boykin and coach Dotson on an outstanding job bringing a very young team to this point.

When you talk about the bench you have to include the fabulous freshman JK Kimble! He has given some solid minutes in the tournaments and continues to impress with his athleticism (don't forget he's Quans little bro....runs in the family I guess). Devonte Pirtle is an excellent outside shooter that can smoke'em from 3 land (just a sophomore too).

This is a dangerous team right now.....and for several years to come. Funny thing is (for me at least) after all the promise coach Boykins teams have shown in the last 6 years...this will be the one to get him a gold ball! :lol:

I agree Campbell is playing very well and as a team HBt is clicking! Martin has really impressed me he is a hustler and does a great job! Just kept feeding the big boys on the inside and Brooks just might catch fire! You are right Boykin will have to trust his bench sometime during the State Turny! Bryson has step it up and you just can't say enough about Dunbar a beast on the boards! Good Luck to the Vikings and all of West TN!!! :lol:

Hopefully this is the vikings year but who knows? lol seems like ive been saying that for the past 5 years.. anyone know when the drawing for the brackets is? Im hoping HBT will get on the opposite side of Clarksville Acd. and the top two teams will meet up in the championship but that hardly ever happens.. anyways good luck to all teams but go Humboldt! :thumb:

Hopefully this is the vikings year but who knows? lol seems like ive been saying that for the past 5 years.. anyone know when the drawing for the brackets is? Im hoping HBT will get on the opposite side of Clarksville Acd. and the top two teams will meet up in the championship but that hardly ever happens.. anyways good luck to all teams but go Humboldt! :blush:

Saturday morning @ 10 you can go to the tssaa website and watch it live. :thumb: