Terrible Officiating/Integrity issues

nebuntyn

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FOR SURE!!!!!!!!!!!
well I have 2 windows open atm....icing people in mafia wars and this...stress reliever to kill in browser game...haaaaahaaaaaa!!!! Acting like they are refs..:thumb:

Modern Warfare 2 would be great for stress relief. Never know, you could actually be playing one of the refs online. :blush:

FOR SURE!!!!!!!!!!!
well I have 2 windows open atm....icing people in mafia wars and this...stress reliever to kill in browser game...haaaaahaaaaaa!!!! Acting like they are refs..:thumb:

Modern Warfare 2 would be great for stress relief. Never know, you could actually be playing one of the refs online. :blush:

hmmmmmmm....may have me new game before night is over :blush:

The officiating has been terrible this year, it was also terrible at last years state tournament. I saw the Mcneese guy from TSSAA at the tournament last year....I believe he is the supervisor over the officiating and I told him what I thought and He made excuses. I am tired of the same excuse, and the excuse is this......officiating is a tough job.....we all have tough jobs sometimes, but that's no excuse to be poor at it. There are consequences for doing a poor job in the real world e.g. you get fired. I understand there are mistakes, but the mistakes I have seen this year are inexcusable, e.g. travel without the ball, calling fouls on the wrong player, not paying attention 1n1 free throw situation. In my opinion there is only two ways this happens 1.) The official doesn't know the game 2.) The official is being biased or cheating and there is no room for either. Am I the only one seeing this? We want the players to have sportmanship and integrity, but we don't hold the officials to the same standards.

The only person the officials have to please with their job...is their supervisors.....Everyone wants touch fouls called when their team has the ball and wants to "let em play" when they are on defense...Who's to say they aren't doing what their supervisors have asked them to do..There is more technicalities in officiating than what the "general" fan believes.....It is your opinion that, but at the end of the day, the officials do not need to please you but their respective boss.....

The officiating has been terrible this year, it was also terrible at last years state tournament. I saw the Mcneese guy from TSSAA at the tournament last year....I believe he is the supervisor over the officiating and I told him what I thought and He made excuses. I am tired of the same excuse, and the excuse is this......officiating is a tough job.....we all have tough jobs sometimes, but that's no excuse to be poor at it. There are consequences for doing a poor job in the real world e.g. you get fired. I understand there are mistakes, but the mistakes I have seen this year are inexcusable, e.g. travel without the ball, calling fouls on the wrong player, not paying attention 1n1 free throw situation. In my opinion there is only two ways this happens 1.) The official doesn't know the game 2.) The official is being biased or cheating and there is no room for either. Am I the only one seeing this? We want the players to have sportmanship and integrity, but we don't hold the officials to the same standards.

The only person the officials have to please with their job...is their supervisors.....Everyone wants touch fouls called when their team has the ball and wants to "let em play" when they are on defense...Who's to say they aren't doing what their supervisors have asked them to do..There is more technicalities in officiating than what the "general" fan believes.....It is your opinion that, but at the end of the day, the officials do not need to please you but their respective boss.....

Will the real Dick Vitale please stand up? You missed the whole point...Do you need a book with pictures so that you will understand.....Some calls are not even close... not touch fouls...did you read my post? We want the players to have integrity and sportsmanship, and they are penalized if they don't....Why are the officials held to different standards.....So basically, it should be a dictatorship. You must be one of the officials making these preposterous calls or you work for the TSSAA...either way your post was very shallow and special ed like, with no explanation.

Will the real Dick Vitale please stand up? You missed the whole point...Do you need a book with pictures so that you will understand.....Some calls are not even close... not touch fouls...did you read my post? We want the players to have integrity and sportsmanship, and they are penalized if they don't....Why are the officials held to different standards.....So basically, it should be a dictatorship. You must be one of the officials making these preposterous calls or you work for the TSSAA...either way your post was very shallow and special ed like, with no explanation.

I am no official, but however, I have in fact read enough posts on coacht to know, that usually when someone complains about the officiating, their team has lost....All I am say is, your standards are differents from any other "joe". So therefore your assumption isn't always right. Whether it be about officiating or me!!! I just see you being upset because the officials aren't held to YOUR standard.....

I don't have a kid involved.... I just follow basketball....and I have been an official. Right is right and wrong is wrong, whoever you are. These are not just touch fouls that I am talking about, these are calls that are just wrong/Lie. It's the integrity that bothers me, the officiating has been terrible. Either the officials don't know or they are cheating and neither is acceptable.

I am not talking about the little touchy fouls,,, I am talking about allowing player to continue to play with more than 5 fouls. If were going to do that then the game suffers....the players are cheated and TSSAA loses the respect of everyone.......Like I said in my first post this is year two.......Last year two player with more than 5 fouls,,,,,, this year only 1,,,, but the one that put the points on the board to win the game.... I would appreciate someone putting the Commercial Appeal Story of the DCHS/WhiteStation game link on this thread as I point out that this is a memphis paper not a dyer county paper pointing out the deal that happened......

I aint with the TSSAA and I aint an official. Lets do away with all refs in every sport. Let the coaches call the game or let the players call there own fouls. Now you wont be blaming the black and white shirts any more for loosing a game.

All games come down to this: WITHOUT REFS, ITS NUTTIN' BUT RECESS!!

I aint with the TSSAA and I aint an official. Lets do away with all refs in every sport. Let the coaches call the game or let the players call there own fouls. Now you wont be blaming the black and white shirts any more for loosing a game.

All games come down to this: WITHOUT REFS, ITS NUTTIN' BUT RECESS!!

I've seen a couple of games this year where, IMO, 'recess' refereeing would have been better. I can live with a blown call or mistakes. That's human. When it is apparent that an official deliberately makes calls to influence a game, or to get back at a coach, is what I take issue with. There is NO excuse for stealing from teenage kids. A referee who would do this should never be allowed to work for the tssaa again. I realize that it's hard to get referees, but we'd be better off using one official, rather than letting these type individuals back on the court to steal from the hard working kids.