State Tournament Day ONE

PHargis

Its very obvious that the first day of State Tournment 2010 in Murphy Center is goiing to be a great success with enthusiasm very seldom seen at a Wednesday event and the reason being the detail and planning done before the Class A schools won their Tournaments, along with the students and fans who came to the site. To this point, the TSSAA certainly deserves an A rating for its work. Yes, you can complain about small things but the intentions are first class and the organization is great from the programs of concerning in the safe driving, the reduction of casualties and safety and the concern of safety with cell phones and those sponsers who have partnered with the TSSAA with those programs are to be commended. Small schools interest in the STATE OF TENNESSEE Girls Basketball Event is alive and interest is high from schools from all over the State. The 8 Schools who are playing are representing their area of the state very well from Jackson County to South Greene, to Scotts Hill to North Greene. from Gibson County to CPA, and for the respect the schools playing have for just seeing and playing against the schools who went thru the venting process that each of the others had to go thru to get to this stage. Enthusiasm? Yes. Pride for each of their schools and community? Yes. Great Crowds. Yes. Many who will play at schools in and out of the state at another level and those who will be watching those playing at another level.

And for those parents who have followed these students to the Boro, to see this event and see the play, it is a big event for the school year and an event many will remember the rest of their life. Take in as many events as you can.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An observation. Today you saw the top 8 schools play in IA and some of the top schools play in IAA. Some schools have peaked at the right time and some haven't. Some schools it was the first year and some have been here frequently. But win or lose, you made it to the elegant eight of over 100 schools. And now those who won are now in the famous four. Two schools who played yesterday had 28-6 records. There are no losers here, only those who will win the STATE. Comparisons depends on those who were ready to play and those who might not have been but all were good enough to make it. It is now becoming obvious that some IA schools could play with some IAA and as time goes on some IAA schools can play with IAAA but each Division winners are the tops in about a little over 100 schools in their Division and thats not bad.

A great start to the TSSAA State Tournament. The fans for the Class A schools were out in force today. Scotts Hill has to be the winner for the most fans at the tournament today. I have been to Scotts Hill, and let me tell you, there probably wasn't a single person in Reagen, TN, today, because they were all at the Murphy Center. It is always great to see the community support that the smaller schools get, and how those fans live and die with every shot. The atmosphere for the Class A games was exceptional.

Not to be outdone, Gibson County fans were out in force today as well. A good crowd for both sides in the Gibson/CPA (which was a much better game than the score indicates). Polk had a great crowd, but the South Greene crowd looked a little thin.

I thought the entire day ran smoothly, and TSSAA seemed to be right on top of everything. The officiating was strong, and I don't think anyone had any real issues or complaints about officiating.

The day got off to a great start with the Middleton/North Greene game, and though the Jackson County/Coalfield game was a little bit of a snore after the first quarter, the rest of the games were all entertaining. Heather Butler gave the performance of the day with her 33 point output against a CPA team that showed little to no fear of Gibson County, but did exhibit some nerves about being on the State Tournament stage.

I'm looking forward to another great day tomorrow.

DD, I am impressed by the schools in Greene and how you got here. i'm not sure who will turn out the lights in the County much less any town or City there. It is unbelievable how much interest is in Girls Basketball this year, the TSSAA recognized it and this seems to be a great Tournament this year with the Schools involved.

I just wanted also to say that the tournament is very well organized by the

tssaa. The facilities are great at a great location. The refs did a great job

wed. Yes my team won, but I would say the same if it had went the other

way. So good to hear someone give credit when it is due. I actually set there

yesterday and told my wife what a great place this was. Again tssaa our hats

are off to you, and the mtsu staff. I have followed coach ensel for years he is

one of the people that trys to do things right. :hungry::hungry:

All of this is fine and dandy but where is the commentary on the games. what are everyone's thoughts. Who was the most impressive team who surprised you(good or bad) what are your thoughts and predictions for the semi finals.....

Ice, most of the commentary is on the team boards. xteam vs xteam, etc. That's where I've found it, game by game. :hungry:

All of this is fine and dandy but where is the commentary on the games. what are everyone's thoughts. Who was the most impressive team who surprised you(good or bad) what are your thoughts and predictions for the semi finals.....

Ice, most of the commentary is on the team boards. xteam vs xteam, etc. That's where I've found it, game by game. :hungry:

not really, the Jackson Co. vs Middleton thread has 4 posts one of them was by me. this thread is talking about how well the tournament is set up and teams representing their area of the state but not much about the games. There isnt a Moore Co. vs CSAS thread I guess I will start it and se what we get

not really, the Jackson Co. vs Middleton thread has 4 posts one of them was by me. this thread is talking about how well the tournament is set up and teams representing their area of the state but not much about the games. There isnt a Moore Co. vs CSAS thread I guess I will start it and se what we get

Start it up. Don't be shy :hungry: