Who has the biggest fan following in TN? I think it's DC.

Icy

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Melrose represents very well... and I think we will see that at the boro...Very strong alumni.

How do they compare to DC's fan following???

I really can't say, their football has always been strong, the away games look like home games. The basketball has been the same way this year. I don't know about DC's alumni. Melrose alumni is awesome and very supportive.

DC, UC, and Bolivar...some years are better than others. The years Bolivar won back to back the fans would have followed them to the ends of the earth. Big games obvioulsy bring bigger crowds...I think DC without question. I have been to Bolivar where it was standing room only about 15 deep. I have also seen a sea of purple from UC fans at Mboro. Seen the same thing at Mboro with a sea of orange from DC. I think without question these three schools have the most loyal die hard fans.

Does anybody on here rember Bolivar vs Jackson SS for the region champiohship at Chester County back whenever. It was either the district or region championship. These two teams were MAJOR rivals back then and I mean Major...the other day terop mentioned the year these 2 teams played 5 times one season...this was the season. They played each other two time in the regular season, for the district tournament championship, for the region tournament championship, and for the state championship...Bolivar beat SS 5 times that season. The region championship was when Chism was a soph and still at Jackson SS. It was a double overtime thriller...it was HOT, MUGGY, AND OVERCROWDED BIG TIME. John Calipari and Derrick Kellog were there and the atmosphere was incredible. This was one of the best games I have ever been to in my entire life. It was just unreal.

Back in 04-05 when Middleton and Bolivar both won state championships, everybody in Hardeman County was at the Murphy Center....

UC brings lots of folks........DC does too....

Yea I remember that. Some folks where actually wearing green and orange shirts..too funny. As far as in the boro I've seen Humboldt and Haywood( Varnado's senior year) fill it up and Bolivar bring their whole county dressed in green. UC brought tons of purple too. Even Liberty, especially the second year brought a ton of fans from Jackson. They even rocked the Murphy Center with their Liberty chant...

05 was a good year for Hardeman County 3 of the 4 teams got to state with both boys teams winning my friend still has one of those green and orange shirts. Bolivar fans will follow a winner anywhere. A big reason i think rural teams get big student support is they close schools in those towns. Thats not likely to happen in bigger places