Gibson Co. v. South Greene, Semi-finals

GCPioneer

Gibson Co. is coming off of a 20 point win over a very good CPA team. Butler nearly outscored the whole CPA team scoring 33 points while CPA only scored 35 points. This makes 4 straight tournament games where GC has won by atleast 20 points dating back to last years state tournament. We didn't shoot the particularly well tonight, however our defense was very supurb.

South Greene is coming off of a big win over Polk Co. Polk Co. was a whole lot better than I expected and gave South Greene a very competitive game in the first half. South Greene looks to have another solid team out this year and will do it's best to knock off Gibson Co.

thoughts, comments, predictions.....

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i knew polk would not get far. But on this game i think that it could be a close game, but Gibson should come out on top.. By atleast 10. It should be a good game though... Lets Go South Greene :hungry:

Wouldn't expect anything less. South Greene is a good and talented team. I'm just not sure that South Greene has the speed to keep up with Butler and the size to defend Griffin and Reedy. We'll see though!

from what i saw today i really dont think south greene has anyone that is going to be able to stop butler. if haynes can hit some shots like she has been up until today where she could not hit anything, reedy and griifin will get theirs and im not worried about that. south greene is very capable of beating gc as they looked to have a couple players that could really shoot it and the big girl down low. i just dont see gc shooting that bad two games in a row. gc by 15. :hungry:

well i knew polk would not get far. But on this game i think that it could be a close game, but Gibson should come out on top.. By atleast 10. It should be a good game though... Lets Go South Greene :hungry:

Wouldn't expect anything less. South Greene is a good and talented team. I'm just not sure that South Greene has the speed to keep up with Butler and the size to defend Griffin and Reedy. We'll see though!

True, i just think at this level of playing that anything can happen and i think we saw an example of that when upperman was beaten by polk at sectionals..

As a South Greene fan I have to admit that Gibson County is the better team and should be favored. With that being said I do give SG a punchers chance as they say. The experience of playing Gibson Co. in the semi's last year should help and I think that SG will make it more competitive than last year at the very least. (Especially if Butler doesn't get any more help from her teammates than she did today.)

I have to pull for South Greene, though I know what they are up against. I still don't feel they have shown us all they can do, and I'm hoping they have just been saving it up for this particular game. They will have to really step things up underneath and prevent GC from getting too many second and third chances. Crum, though small, is mighty. She has pulled out a lot of boards the past few games. The Lady Rebels have several players capable of making the shots, but have been inconsistent through the year. They have also started off most of their games on the wrong foot, but tend to bounce back in the second half. The problem with that is, GC may run off and leave them in the first half. I also worry about foul trouble. We got into foul trouble early on during the Polk game and that can really hurt a game. I'm hoping for a good game with a good outcome and heads held high.

As a South Greene fan I have to admit that Gibson County is the better team and should be favored. With that being said I do give SG a punchers chance as they say. The experience of playing Gibson Co. in the semi's last year should help and I think that SG will make it more competitive than last year at the very least. (Especially if Butler doesn't get any more help from her teammates than she did today.)

i expect it to be a more competetive game than last year. but i would not count on butler not having any help. haynes is a pure shooter and if given that many good looks again i dint see her shooting that poorly. i think what bothered reedy and griffin was that CPA was that CPA had very good post players that were bigger than them are they are not at all used to that. If CPA had one more shooter they could really be dangerous. I only saw one post player for south greene that has the height that CPA had. I believe griffin and reedy will do much better in round two,

Butler had to score like she did yesterday because the others on the team were struggling shooting the ball. I think that had to do something with nerves and inexperience on the 2 Sophomores part. Haynes is a GREAT shooter, but she just missed her shots she normally hits yesterday. Outside of Butler, we didn't shoot that well as a team. I expect that to change this next go round.