Coaching Positions

Gopackers

I didnt disappear nor was a proven wrong. I said that i didn't think Melrose would win by 35-40 pts like the rest of you did. Melrose won by 23. Outscoring Siegel by 18 the 1st quarter and 5 the last 3 quarters. I never said Siegel was going to win that game. I said they wouldnt get beat by 35+ which they didnt.

I dont think Wortman is a bad hire but I DEFINATELY wouldnt say they "knocked it out of the park" here.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt disappear nor was a proven wrong. I said that i didn't think Melrose would win by 35-40 pts like the rest of you did. Melrose won by 23. Outscoring Siegel by 18 the 1st quarter and 5 the last 3 quarters. I never said Siegel was going to win that game. I said they wouldnt get beat by 35+ which they didnt.

I dont think Wortman is a bad hire but I DEFINATELY wouldnt say they "knocked it out of the park" here.

They could have EASILY done work by about 40, and im lookin at the posts some ppl said 35-40, and alot said 25(23 is close enough). But thats not what im talking bout, im talkin about how "ooooo everybody ball player in memphis will turn out to be a thug"(as if you know them).

And immaturity, not whether you knew basketball.

You consistently make immature comments, anyone could realize that.

What were the immature comments? A lot of Memphis players are thugs in my opinion. I dont like Memphis area schools because it is the MBA. They constatntly make trades and recruit players. Do you find it ironic that Memphis area teams are on a 2 year domination cycle. White Station dominates 2 years, then Ridgeway 2, then Melrose 2. That just doesnt happen my friend. If Murfreesboro schools just rotated an all-star team every 2 years we would dominate too.

Dont worry Ill wait Southeast 21. I want to see where I consistantly make immature comments. The word consistant means to do something most of the time. I have apparently posted over 350 comments so I want you to find me 175 times where I said something immature. I would venture to say you have a hard time finding 5. And how is responding to a comment left by someone else which stated Blackman "knocked it out of the park" immature? They didn't knock it out of the park. Bring randy King out of retirement. Thats knocking it out of the park. Not hiring someone with a .500 record as a men's HEAD COACH!!!!

I don't understand why Riverdale isn't posting that position either! They have to be looking though. Both of their assistants are really young I think, so they may be looking outside the county.

Maybe they could get an assistant from Melrose and he could bring a couple of their 7 D1 players! Just kidding! I couldn't resist!

No word on the Lavergne Middle job yet and did Couey leave Lavergne High? Did I miss that?

So whats the word on the Lavergne Middle and Lavergne High jobs? I have heard that they are both coming open..... :bored:

WOW!!!

This is my take...I heard they are moving the LMS coach over to the high school, I would think he would get the boy's coaching job if this rumor is true. He's a pretty good coach. The rumor was he was going to get the head coaching job after Moore left, but Couey got it instead. Since Ash is wanting his coaches to be in house, I would think he would be a prime candidate, once again if this rumor is true.

I don't understand why Riverdale isn't posting that position either! They have to be looking though. Both of their assistants are really young I think, so they may be looking outside the county.

Maybe they could get an assistant from Melrose and he could bring a couple of their 7 D1 players! Just kidding! I couldn't resist!

No word on the Lavergne Middle job yet and did Couey leave Lavergne High? Did I miss that?

Somebody said on here that he would be gone. I dont know how true it is though

I do not know if Couey has officially left Lavergne but I do know for a fact that he has inquired about all of the coaching jobs opening in Rutherford Co including middle schools!!

I also have heard that Ash is bringing the Lavergne Middle coach with him.

Yeah Chambers went with Ash but according to him he's not interested in coaching. I talked to him at the state tourny and he just wants to sit out a year or two is what he told me.

Why can't Couey find a school and stick with it? He's been a head coach at Woodbury, Memphis, and now Lavergne all in the past 5 years! Why would he want to drop down to middle school? Just seems odd to me. :bored: