Heritage Football Program: Offseason workouts

HHS2009

Just wondering if anybody has heard how things are going? I know they have some pretty good tallent coming back on both sides of the ball, but have they been hitting the weights hard so far? This time of year is when good teams get better and set themselves up to win games. Lets hear it HHS fans?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those coaches were released, but seems the HFC has had a really hard time trying to find someone to fill those spots..Seems not a whole lot of ppl want to work for this guy..But if he has hired some ppl..then who....And about workouts..apparently he's been stacking more plates than the kids..kitchen plates I mean..

Sounds like someone has an ax to grind. You wouldn't be one of the coaches who were fired would you? Coach Russell has had over 50+ applicants to fill the coaching voids, unfortunately not many teaching spaces. The new coaches that I have met are Coach Gaskins as WR coach and coach Edmiston as RB coach. Coach Gaskins is a Maryville grad who was the MVP of a state championship game and coach Edmiston was the RB coach for Maryville College last year. Coach Edmiston also graduated from Maryville and has coached for UT. Seems like some good coaches to me. Don't worry about the boys lifting weights because they have been working real hard! Coach Russell may have added a few pounds, but at least he is at the school concerned about the boys not stroking his own ego. Instead of attacking our coach on these boards, maybe you should just buy a ticket and cheer for us like every other fan. These kids have fought for almost a year now to rid themselves of this type of loser attitude. With coach Hicks as our new defensive coordinator and all the work we have put in, I think the mountaineers are ready for a break out season. Keep it positive HHSGRAD!

I started this thread to talk about HHS football and the progress of the kids, not hear a bunch of S@#& about the coaches. Yes, some have been replaced so what, that happens in all programs. As to who they have hired, I have no idea. & Who really comes on hear to talk about how much weight a coach has gained? :thumb:

KEEP IT POSSITIVE. :thumb:

Well said HHS2009. Thank you for your support. I will say the workout program is heading it the right direction. I see several of the kids on a daily basis and all of them have made great improvements in the weight room. The kids that I know and that have been working hard have gained size and strength over the past few months, so someone is doing something right. As far as I'm concerned the coaches can be left out of this thread because the person that started it named it "OFF SEASON WORKOUTS" not coaching changes or a coaches weight gain. If your not going to support our program stay off of our threads...Thank you.

well you guys did make some strides last season but can you all add onto that? The most important games are always the first ones. You have to come out strong and build off wins not losses. Karns is the first game who is the 2nd?

That second game would be South Doyle followed by Lenoir City and Seymour, all at home. With the exception of losing Cermak and Tran at linebacker, this team is pretty much intact. Of course those are big shoes to fill! However, the young Mountaineers from 2009 will grow up in the off-season and could finish a respectable 6-4 or 7-3 with a little luck to go along with all the hard work.