knox central

redrider

RunninRebels I am confused at the comments you made about West would run that region...I agree it is probably not as good as 6A region and the funny thing is when West went to Central in the spring to scrimmage last year West got beat 5-3 and 3-1 Varsity! So I dont know if they would have just stormed through that region...and you say Powell has been bad except when they had that good QB...that was last year and they won 9 games! Anderson County has been good the last 2 years...getting beat bye Catholic in the 3rd round of the playoffs and getting to the Semis this year with the chance to win...so excuses suck and sometimes being good does count! I also seem to remember the last time Central and West played Central won the last game of the year in that region! Go figure though...and cheating is intentionally playing someone that you know is ineligible...Central did not know that and was told bye the first year AD there everyone was good to go!!! So know your facts before you speak runninRebels...and I think this region is going to be better this year...and 1 quick question for you Rebel

What makes Catholic so good...5-5 at the end of the regular season...and Powell beat up on them in the Jamboree...I know it is just a qtr of play but getting beat is getting beat...was William Blount good? Did OR not make the playoffs again and have Maryville beat at Maryville...what about Heritage...real powerhouse. Other than Maryville, Farragut, and Bearden the region is not that strong and I am not sure Bearden will be that good once Devrin is gone! We will see this spring when The Cats and West square off again!!!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy region? I'll admit that it's not as tough as when Maryville and West were in there, but you've still got Clinton, Anderson Co., Powell, Oak Ridge, Halls, and Central. Not exactly an easy walk into the playoffs.

Clinton will be nothin without Stone. You heard it here first. Anderson County has a pretty good team sometimes. Oak Ridge still isn't back, and Central, Halls, and Powell have been abysmal the last few years (save when Powell had that good QB). West would roll through that region at the moment. West, Farragut, Bearden, Catholic, and Maryville is just insane. West was really good last year, but their record didn't show it because of how tough this region is. They played Catholic and Farragut to the wire.

Powell has been "abysmal" the last few years?

Hmmmmm. If I'm not mistaken, and I'm not, the last time West and Powell played Powell won that game two seasons ago - at West - and Powell finsished that regular season 8-2, second in the region behind Maryville, which indicates they had a little bit more than just a good quarterback. This past year was a less than stellar year at 5-5 regular season, but Powell still qualfied for the playoffs on it's own (meaning they weren't an at large pick) and they did it starting 9 sophomores and a freshman all season long. But let's not let facts get in the way of reality.

And speaking of reality, yep West got a tough draw when it was placed in AAA District 6. On the other side of that, theoretically West could qualify for the playoffs with only two wins on the year, as well, assuming those wins are over Lenior City and Catholic and they would have the same number of district wins that both of those teams did. Obviously that isn't likely, but it is possible.

Yes, district 4 is the tougher district - right now, anyway - but those things tend to work themselves out in the end. District 3 includes several very good programs that played a ton of young players last year. It looks to be a strong district in 2010 and beyond.

Are you serious CatCall? It's a SCRIMMAGE! They way I remember it, it was a tie anyway. Plus, West plays EVERYONE in those scrimmages, not just varsity. When Central beat West two years ago, West was already in the playoffs. That game did nothing for them, and it could do nothing to hurt them. HTV, that year Powell beat West, I said they was good. I used the "good QB" reference. I can't remember his name though. Ok so Powell has been abysmal for only one year, my bad. HOWEVER, Central hasn't made the playoffs in 4 years. Catcall, you talk a lot of smack for a team that never makes the playoffs. :roflol:

Catholic is a good team, but they have a lazy coaching staff imo. They also cheated with that field last year; that game should have been played at West. It was unbelievable; worst field ever imo. Heritage isn't known to be good, but William Blount is. West plays in the toughest region in the state; this is just common knowledge.

So I have heard about West,Powell,and Halls mentioned in this forum. Who is Centrals biggest rival?

I'm not a Central guy, but from an outside looking in perspective I would guess that in current district format it would likely be Halls first and Powell second. Those are games within the 5A playoff classification that any of the three need to win to have a good shot to make the playoffs.

Central isn't close to being one of West's rivals. West rivals are Maryville and Bearden. I know West doesn't beat Maryville(no one does obviously) but they have had some very competitive games the past few years. I fear this rivalry will diminish though since West will no longer have to play Maryville in the playoffs. (that's good for West though!) West needs to beat Bearden this year though! Its been a while......

Are you serious CatCall? It's a SCRIMMAGE! They way I remember it, it was a tie anyway. Plus, West plays EVERYONE in those scrimmages, not just varsity. When Central beat West two years ago, West was already in the playoffs. That game did nothing for them, and it could do nothing to hurt them. HTV, that year Powell beat West, I said they was good. I used the "good QB" reference. I can't remember his name though. Ok so Powell has been abysmal for only one year, my bad. HOWEVER, Central hasn't made the playoffs in 4 years. Catcall, you talk a lot of smack for a team that never makes the playoffs. :thumb:

Catholic is a good team, but they have a lazy coaching staff imo. They also cheated with that field last year; that game should have been played at West. It was unbelievable; worst field ever imo. Heritage isn't known to be good, but William Blount is. West plays in the toughest region in the state; this is just common knowledge.

Runninrebels...You obviously have no clue what you are talking about...Scrimmages do matter and like I said we played with 2 freshman and 7 sophomores on defense with 2 seniors...so we play everybody in SCRIMMAGES!!! Anyway Supercat HTV is probably right with the Rivalry...Runninrebels I think you may be just trying to stir the pot a little bit and you really have no idea what winning really is and it has only been 3 years without the playoffs and not 4...and so West does not hate Central...please!!! Let me close with saying that Central has won a lot more games than West and will continue to win more games than West and we will see what the SCRIMMAGE is all about this spring as well!!! Good Luck to our weak region out there and hope we can all live up to the West Rebels winning traditions!!! B)

Im an outsider but I think I can settle this argument. Central has a few gold & silver balls. West has none. End of discussion.

Thank You for the the reminder

This guy is comical talking about how tough that region is and they never won the region they were in before and if I remember correctly West best record in the last 15 years is 7-5...I do seem to remember Centrals best record in the last 15 years is 11-2 with a State championship appearence...funny how these arguments tend to work things out! But maybe West will top Central one day after the win an average of 9.89 games for 9 years in a row! Good luck Runninrebels!

Here, now, and in the present West is by far the better program. The past is for current losers imo. Yes they're best record is 7-5, but I'm 100% convinced they would have won state 3 years ago if they had beat Maryville in the second round. The final score was 17-9. What's comical is you CatCall. You right these huge paragraphs while ranting every post. Scrimmages don't matter in my book. West wasn't even good this past year until the Farragut game. That was the 4th week of the season. Whatever floats your boat I guess. :thumb:

Current Losers...what were you all last year and what have you been for the last 15 years with the exception of maybe 2-3 years of decent football...you need your brain examined and how bout every poster so far on this thread has diagreed with you? :thumb: West would have won state if they beat Maryville...What? :? Central would have 4-5 state titles if they had beat Maryville!!! If and buts...funny how you keep saying IF...this is now and we were not very good last year and what I said in previous posts was the fact that Central was playing with young guys at almost every position and will have almost every starter returning on defense...that is reality and now! You should really get your facts straight and know what and who you are talking about b4efore you talk!!! :thumb: