knox central

redrider

From what I am hearing Central is very young this year. People better beat them now. I heard their young quarterback won the 9th/10th grade MVP at the Furman camp. I heard one of their receivers was the fastest kid in that camp. I hear that Central has an upcoming freshman tailback that is a pure stud.

Good luck to Central this year. It sounds strange coming from a Maryville fan but I hope Central can win a state title. I can pull for Central since Maryville no longer plays them. My nephew coaches there and I hope he is very successful.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Phillips your nephew...if so great hire and he really seems to know what is going on and know his stuff when it comes to QBs and seems to be a good guy from what I hear from the Central Coaches! I hear that Central could be much improved this year and will be really tough next year when they will return about 9 defensive starters and 8-9 offensive starters...with a freshman class that is coming in that will be tough this year and next on varsity level...also I am hearing that their 8th grade class has some talent in it as well and the class under them is loaded!!! Things looking better on the Dark Side!

Is Phillips your nephew...if so great hire and he really seems to know what is going on and know his stuff when it comes to QBs and seems to be a good guy from what I hear from the Central Coaches! I hear that Central could be much improved this year and will be really tough next year when they will return about 9 defensive starters and 8-9 offensive starters...with a freshman class that is coming in that will be tough this year and next on varsity level...also I am hearing that their 8th grade class has some talent in it as well and the class under them is loaded!!! Things looking better on the Dark Side!

Jason Phillips is my nephew. Jason has a lot of football knowledge. Jason is one of the most competitive human beings I ever seen. He hates losing with a passion.

Jason Phillips is my nephew. Jason has a lot of football knowledge. Jason is one of the most competitive human beings I ever seen. He hates losing with a passion.

Wow! Jason is a bright young man..would have never thought he was kin to you. :roflolk:

You got me good wingman. :roflolk: All kidding aside Jason will do a good job at Central. He learned from George Quarles and Tim Hammontree at Maryville during his playing days. Coaching is something Jason wanted to do since he was a High School Football player.

I knew of Jason when he was at Matyville. I have a nephew who was in administration at Maryville during that time.

Coco...The basketball coach left for ministry at Grace Christian and Basketball coach...the baseball coach left for family time and DC left for health reasons to get his health in line...and Supercat football also hired Joe Hassell and Tobi Kilgore and this may be the best staff at CHS in a few years and their are 2 grads on staff!

You can't blame those three leaving for those reasons. I am sure the basketball coach took a pay raise to come to Grace as well which make life easier on his family. Hopefully he can make it through the probation. Where did the two new assistants come from? I think I know and if I am correct this will make one of Central's rivalry games much more interesting.......