Class AAA State Tourney Team Capsules

feartheveer

Melrose wins this Title hands down i watched them get down by 12-13 points in the region semi to a very good and hot shooting Southwind team and what did they do.... Blew by em QUICKLY. Then turned around and beat the best player in the state team(white station which is a good team who i watched pull out a tough win over a great ridgeway team) by 23. Melrose is Legit and know doubt in my mind the best team in any classification in TN. which equals AAA champs this year and most likely next as well! But if they DO slip on a banana peel(which i dont see happening but wldnt shock) i think itll be lil joe jackson's in the title game!

Lmao! you are crazy! hit me up....natebuntyn@hotmail.com

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Without just going off the CoachT Power Rankings, how would these teams rank 1-8? I assume Melrose would be #1, White Station #2, but after that how?

Also, when they do those drawings, are teams like White Station/Melrose and Northeast/Beech automatically placed on opposite sides of the bracket because they are in the same region?

Without just going off the CoachT Power Rankings, how would these teams rank 1-8? I assume Melrose would be #1, White Station #2, but after that how?

Also, when they do those drawings, are teams like White Station/Melrose and Northeast/Beech automatically placed on opposite sides of the bracket because they are in the same region?

abe the draw is tomorrow morning. And the teams in the same region will play opposite bracket

Prediction: White Station will not win the AAA State Championship!

Certainty: I am absolutely 100% confident of my prediction.

--------------------------------------------------

1st Choice: Melrose = State Champs

2nd-Choice: (If a team somehow manages to defeat Melrose...that team will CRUISE to the Title!)

Bottom Line: It is going to take a super, deep and ultra-talented team to defeat Melrose.

Why is that: Melrose is just that SUPER-GOOD!

Prediction: White Station will not win the AAA State Championship!

Certainty: I am absolutely 100% confident of my prediction.

1st Choice: Melrose = State Champs

2nd-Choice: (If a team somehow manages to defeat Melrose...that team will CRUISE to the Title!)

Bottom Line: It is going to take a super, deep and ultra-talented team to defeat Melrose.

Why is that: Melrose is just that SUPER-GOOD!

What's up Trader? I agree with 99.9% of your post and you make very good observations....Here is what I think...Melrose has the best talent no questions asked, but when you get to this point, I think it's 90% mental and 10% percent talent. I don't think who ever defeats Melrose will cruise to the title, because they will have to go through Whitestation. 1.) Whitestation had the toughest schedule in the state any class by far...2.)They traveled to New Jersey and played the number one team in the country Elizabeth St. Patrick on Saturday Jan 30 lost by two and played Melrose Tues Feb 2nd and won by two. Mentally Melrose lost that game and Mentally Joe Jackson took that game. I am 100% confident that Memphis will get the gold ball, but I will never vote against Joe Jackson, this young man lives up to the hype and he has proven to be clutch time and time again. He is a mental warrior. Hope to see you in the Boro Trader. B)

I think at this point of the season Melrose and White Station is more battle tested. The Loss Melrose had to White Station is a distant memory. They have played them 3 times since, 2 in Championship games and It was not pretty. I think they had that adversity and got better over it. Even the coach. The big wins over Central, Southwind and White Station 3 times has proved that. White Station is battle tested also they went to a wild Dyer county and handled business. At this point its going to take more than one player. Its got to take a team effort and some good coaching. White Station must have other players step up. One of their bigs really need to have a good tournament. Melrose big 3 Jones, Rucker and Thomas must play as they have over the last month. If they have any of the other guys on the team play well it will be trouble to everyone. I dont think neither team will be shell shocked because they both have played on the big stage many times. Over the last month they both have been in huge games. White Station took out Ridgeway twice within a couple week. This should be very interesting. Im hoping they both make it to the big one again.

I think at this point of the season Melrose and White Station is more battle tested. The Loss Melrose had to White Station is a distant memory. They have played them 3 times since, 2 in Championship games and It was not pretty. I think they had that adversity and got better over it. Even the coach. The big wins over Central, Southwind and White Station 3 times has proved that. White Station is battle tested also they went to a wild Dyer county and handled business. At this point its going to take more than one player. Its got to take a team effort and some good coaching. White Station must have other players step up. One of their bigs really need to have a good tournament. Melrose big 3 Jones, Rucker and Thomas must play as they have over the last month. If they have any of the other guys on the team play well it will be trouble to everyone. I dont think neither team will be shell shocked because they both have played on the big stage many times. Over the last month they both have been in huge games. White Station took out Ridgeway twice within a couple week. This should be very interesting. Im hoping they both make it to the big one again.

B)

I have Melrose as the favorite but like someone else posted...the most talented doesn't always win....Let's see will that large gym have any effect on their half court trap. Also with the wrong refs Melrose can easily get cheap fouls they are not use too.....FYI WS was here last year and they have Joe and some experience as champs. That pg Telvin James from Clarksville can fill it up and carry a team in the state....Does Beech still shoot a lot of 3's?? If so that can provide problems for some depending on how many their making...Last year RE or WS had to hold the ball to make them come out of that zone...This should be great