Seigel vs Melrose

Icy

Middle and East TN. folks,get over it already! I'm not a Memphis homer(over two hour drive from my home)by anyones standards.I'd like to point out what should be obvious to anyone who cares to follow high school basketball,or for that matter college ball too.Memphis has turned out countless numbers of high level D-1 athleates for an extended period of time,to the extent that I've heard Dick Vitale state that Memphis is one of the richest recruiting grounds in the nation for top level talent.Competition is the vehicle that allows elite players to develop from the "potential" stage to the finished product,and Memphis has it in abundance.If Melrose had faltered,White Station would have won it all as everyone saw,but I feel that if both schools had been removed from the mix,one of the other Memphis area schools,(yes i'm counting Dyer Co. as they have to compete)would have stood a better than average chance to have dominated the tourney.The last statement is pure speculation,but can you really argue against it with as much evidence as for it? I wont even begin to throw names out there, the list is way too long to start,but I'm sure everyone can recall serveral. I'm not "bashing" teams from other regions just stating fact, and in my opinion to be competitive in Feb. & March, teams need to try and schedule at least a few games with the Memphis teams to taste the speed and level of intensity that must be maintained throughout the entire game to be there in the end.To come out of Memphis is not a birthright to claim the gold ball,but you do know that whomever it is has been battle tested and tempered to anything that can be thrown at 'em.Just trying to say give them the respect that they've earned & stop making excuses for losing to more talented teams,there's no shame in that. :popcorneater:

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trader keep your derogatory remarks. This was a friendly conversation till you dumped your two cents worth in. All we're talking about is how good our respective teams COULD be. Memphis has more talent than the rest of the state no doubt but Please don't blast somebody for thinking their team might could compete. Come on man!

Trader keep your derogatory remarks. This was a friendly conversation till you dumped your two cents worth in. All we're talking about is how good our respective teams COULD be. Memphis has more talent than the rest of the state no doubt but Please don't blast somebody for thinking their team might could compete. Come on man!

No derogatory remarks intended at all, and if you've made none,no offense should have been taken.Go back and read the posts all through this thread,and you'll see to whom these remarks were directed.Memphis's players were refered to as felons and dropouts,and fans called idiots. I try and show everyone the respect due them,especially the kids.I'll go one step further and apologise to anyone offended by any remark that they felt targeted them,even though not intended. I'd kind'a like everyone to remember that those "felons" referred to earlier are just kids too,and that the only offense that they've commited is trying to win.As for blasting someone for supporting their team,that was not done,as the West Tn. folks (I thought) went a little overboard with some pretty gaudy predictions,(ok to think so,maybe shouldn't post it )where the kids have to be belittled by it.The only"two cents" thrown in was the speculation about the Memphis area teams who didn't get out of the regions abality to compeate with anyone, and that's what this board is for,right? Seriously,no offense was intended,and I hope no one mistakes any post I make as an attempt to degrade anyone. :popcorneater:

Hey, top notch trader! Just opions on here! You're right! Just a bunch people supporting their teams/areas! Memphis has tons of talent no disputing that! Middle and East TN have a lot too. Should be a great next few years of debating our teams! Looking foward to it!

Thanks for the nod Gopackers, MUCH respect.Tenn. is fortunate to be loaded with class programs,border to border,and class fans to follow 'em. :popcorneater::lol: