Clarksville Academy Wayne County

yankees8589

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here I am genuff.....and here it is. CA won it and they deserve it....Congrats to them! I thought Humboldt or Westwood would be too much for CA's guards to handle, but turns out neither one of them even made it.

HOWEVER, copying my original post......"but even then (if CA wins it all), I'll still say they're NOWHERE NEAR a great team and the Class A tourney is just weak this year."

And I COMPLETELY stick by that......really disappointed in the Class A field this year.

Here I am genuff.....and here it is. CA won it and they deserve it....Congrats to them! I thought Humboldt or Westwood would be too much for CA's guards to handle, but turns out neither one of them even made it.

HOWEVER, copying my original post......"but even then (if CA wins it all), I'll still say they're NOWHERE NEAR a great team and the Class A tourney is just weak this year."

And I COMPLETELY stick by that......really disappointed in the Class A field this year.

Sad that it appears the only team you can give credit to is Wayne Co. Wayne Co. had a great year and the Rice boys are very talented. But give the Academy it's due, they beat a very good Grace Baptist team who had a great game plan to beat Westwood. It's funny you say if Westwood or Humboldt wins it all then everything 's good but if the Academy wins it all Class A is just weak! :thumb:

Give them there due and don't hate em because they beat your team!!!!!!!!

Sad that it appears the only team you can give credit to is Wayne Co. Waynce Co. had a great year and the Rice boys are very talented. But give the Academy it's due, they beat a very good Grace Baptist team who had a great game plan to beat Westwood. It's funny you say if Westwood or Humboldt wins it all then everything 's good but if the Academy wins it all Class A is just weak! :thumb:

Sad that it appears the only team you can give credit to is Wayne Co. Waynce Co. had a great year and the Rice boys are very talented. But give the Academy it's due, they beat a very good Grace Baptist team who had a great game plan to beat Westwood. It's funny you say if Westwood or Humboldt wins it all then everything 's good but if the Academy wins it all Class A is just weak! :thumb:

Amen grace and C.A were the best teams in the tournament and i was pleased to see how close the game was

I think I may have to agree (partially) with "hooplove" on this topic. Humboldt's team in 2009, Union City in 2007-2008, Manassas in 2009, and Lake County in 2009 (not to mention Trenton Peabody in some of the earlier 2000 years, plus Grace and Temple) were all candidates to win the Class A Tournament in the past. Clarksville Academy was nowhere near their level of playing. HOWEVER, I do believe that with the Smith boys returning (okay, so the Smith brothers aren't the only factors of CA, but still... their teammates will be looking up to them for inspiration), CA definitely has the potential to get on that playing field along with some of the best Class A teams I've ever seen to play (erm, that is, the teams I mentioned above in their glory years).

Just to add (because I know some fans would get mad at me), this is in no way bashing CA. They were the best in the tournament and I CONGRATULATE THEM for winning. I'm just telling my opinion about what I think concerning Class A. CA, Humboldt, and Union City, I predict, will become even greater teams for next year and should be able to contend for the State Title!!! Oh, and CSAS I hear is also pretty decent.

Can't wait!

Purple and Gold Standard, what can we expect from UC in the 2010-2011 season? For everyone else, what can the public expect of your basketball teams!?

Hooplove, I truly believe you don't mean that. District 10A is very competetive and i thought class A was also. I would like to see how Wayne County would fare in Dist 10A? However,I will not digress. Those boys did a phenominal job in that game did you see it or was you still sulking... Give the kids there due, because no matter what you say the road to the state championship goes thru Clarksville Academy and believe me they will be ready next season. So tell Wayne county and all the other teams you deemed weak in class A to eat their Wheaties :thumb:

Hooplove, I truly believe you don't mean that. District 10A is very competetive and i thought class A was also. I would like to see how Wayne County would fare in Dist 10A? However,I will not digress. Those boys did a phenominal job in that game did you see it or was you still sulking... Give the kids there due, because no matter what you say the road to the state championship goes thru Clarksville Academy and believe me they will be ready next season. So tell Wayne county and all the other teams you deemed weak in class A to eat their Wheaties :thumb:

You truly believe I don't mean that?? wow, you reading my mind now? genuff, since 1988 I have seen a LOT of Class A basketball state tourneys in TN, and I will guarantee you that this was a weak Class A tourney. Your boys won it....congrats.