RIVERDALE LADY WARRIORS ARE AAA STATE CHAMPS

riverdaleman

The 'Ladies' Bball team reminds me of the old football team. Finish one season and reload for the next! :lol:

Do you think we can get Coach to TALK to the football team? :thumb:

Got to give her credit as HER team looked more fired up every time I saw them this year. I wish I could say the same for the Fball team.

I can remember back when G.R. was RHS football and you would hear of kids from Fla., Cookeville and the B'oro. wanting to play for the best. If you were to ask me can the same thing be done with the girls basketball program I would reply, "It just finished pouring the foundation for the ground work"!!! The writing on the wall came last year when TSSAA (I refrain from mentioning names of others envolved bhs) attempted to put the breaks on a program that was ready to EXPLODE w/ success. Now it's time to RELOAD for next year. GO LADY WARRIORS!!!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to The Lady Warriors and the Riverdale Family! We are all so proud of you! How many and who returns for next year? GO WARRIORS! :thumb:

This was a senior lead team with 6 in and out of the line up every game. Jaclissa was the leader and her on and off the floor leadership will be hard to replace. First team will have only one spot to fill as Olivia and Ty are battle tested. Maybe one or two of the 5 juniors that rode the pine will step it up this off season and make a showing their senior year, that would be good but after this year you have to factor in the possibility of a top notch transfer or two. Don't forget every one likes a winner! GO LADY WARRIORS 2007' 2010' State Champions :lol:

With all your connections to the old Shelbyville girls program, I am sure you are right about 1 or 2 possible top notch transfers.

Congratulations to The Lady Warriors and the Riverdale Family! We are all so proud of you! How many and who returns for next year? GO WARRIORS! :thumb:

This was a senior lead team with 6 in and out of the line up every game. Jaclissa was the leader and her on and off the floor leadership will be hard to replace. First team will have only one spot to fill as Olivia and Ty are battle tested. Maybe one or two of the 5 juniors that rode the pine will step it up this off season and make a showing their senior year, that would be good but after this year you have to factor in the possibility of a top notch transfer or two. Don't forget every one likes a winner! GO LADY WARRIORS 2007' 2010' State Champions :lol:

With all your connections to the old Shelbyville girls program, I am sure you are right about 1 or 2 possible top notch transfers.

sweet who do you think we are gonna get?

Do I sense sour grapes are surfacing for the 2010/2011 season already?

Pot calling the kettle Black? :thumb:

Congratulations again Lady Warriors! Anybody know what their rings are going to look like? :thumb:

Just having some fun. LOL

Whats an off season without a little drama in 7aaa. I don't think you really need any transfers as long as Barbee is there.

Do I sense sour grapes are surfacing for the 2010/2011 season already?

Pot calling the kettle Black? :thumb:

Congratulations again Lady Warriors! Anybody know what their rings are going to look like? :thumb:

Just having some fun. LOL

Whats an off season without a little drama in 7aaa. I don't think you really need any transfers as long as Barbee is there.

dont forget about Olivia and Ty. Ty did make the all state tournament team...i think we wi;; be just FINE

This was a senior lead team with 6 in and out of the line up every game. Jaclissa was the leader and her on and off the floor leadership will be hard to replace. First team will have only one spot to fill as Olivia and Ty are battle tested. Maybe one or two of the 5 juniors that rode the pine will step it up this off season and make a showing their senior year, that would be good but after this year you have to factor in the possibility of a top notch transfer or two. Don't forget every one likes a winner! GO LADY WARRIORS 2007' 2010' State Champions :thumb:

would you say 6 seniors led this team. I only remember 3 playing consistent minutes

One of the Seniors that did not get alot of playing time this year is undergoing shoulder surgery and a knee scope today. Please remember her in your prayers for a rapid and pain free recovery.

prayers are sent to her. She and her parents are great people and I am sorry she didnt have the SR season she had hoped for her injuries were just too much for her I have a lot of respect for her as she played through it and waited til after the season.