14A...The Regular Season Thread

Purple & Gold Standard

diamondstud,

We saved our best pitchers for Obion Central and Gleason...3 games this week. So, our Coach started our 3rd best pitcher, and then he brought in our 4th best pitcher in the 5th inning I believe. Our 3rd best pitcher had a rough first inning....gave up 3 runs. After that, he settled down and pitched good. Our 4th best pitcher just didnt have it...hit a couple of guys....walked one or two, and they hit him.

So, is W. Carroll that good? Well, they aint bad. Their pitcher was pretty good. They didnt make any errors. I heard they had beaten Humboldt the night before us. So, they aint bad. But, it was our 3rd and 4th best pitchers pitching their first game of the year. Sooooo...

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Westview @ Union City Tomorrow

Union City @ Obion Central Friday

Predictions?

Who is going to pitch ??....Caveness pitched the McKenzie game...

Clay Treece is supposed to pitch against Westview, and i dont know who is going to pitch against obion county... since Clay Treece is only a freshman i still think he can get the job done, and i think Branson Sherwood or Cameron Powers might come in to pitch after Treece if he gets introuble

diamondstud,

We saved our best pitchers for Obion Central and Gleason...3 games this week. So, our Coach started our 3rd best pitcher, and then he brought in our 4th best pitcher in the 5th inning I believe. Our 3rd best pitcher had a rough first inning....gave up 3 runs. After that, he settled down and pitched good. Our 4th best pitcher just didnt have it...hit a couple of guys....walked one or two, and they hit him.

So, is W. Carroll that good? Well, they aint bad. Their pitcher was pretty good. They didnt make any errors. I heard they had beaten Humboldt the night before us. So, they aint bad. But, it was our 3rd and 4th best pitchers pitching their first game of the year. Sooooo...

Lol I understand yall used your 3rd and 4th best pitchers but yall have only scored 9 runs in 14 innings and only had 6 or 7 hits against WC (3 of which were the first three batters). Lol I guess yall are saving the hits for Gleason as well. I do love all your excuses though, they are pretty creative.

War Eagle,

I'm not gonna dispute what you're saying about our hitting. It does need to improve. A few of our boys are getting hits, and the rest of them aint. And, I did say that the pitcher yall had throwing against us the other night was pretty good, and your defense didnt make any errors that I can remember.

But, War Eagle, yall did not face our best pitchers the other night. We have two boys that are very good pitchers. Yall did not see either one of them. The boy that started against yall is a sophomore. He got off to a rough start, and he's gonna be a good pitcher...some day. Hopefully by the end of the year..come district playoff time. The other boy was a junior, and he just didnt have it. Of course, it's early in the year....first game for either one of them to pitch. But, still, yall didnt face our best pitchers.

I'm hoping that our bats will wake up...more consistently...as we get more into the season.

Halls lost to Ripley on Monday 11 - 2. Beat Lake County on Tuesday 18 - 5 & beat Covington yesterday 14 to 8. Play Brighton today. Lake County much better. Lost yesterday to Ripley 11 to 10.

Lake Co is like a lot of teams probably this year.As long as they are pitching their 1st pitcher they can be a tough out.Supposedly they had another starter ,#2 pitcher that played last year,the Stover kid was not allowed to play this year. I heard they had another player that was hopefully going to be the number 2 pitcher but hurt his shoulder during the summer league and had surgery.Suppose to be back in a couple weeks.Not sure about if he will still be able to pitch but suppose to be a good ball player and a good hitter.Believe he moved from Dyer Co.!May take a while to get his timing down though.Not sure though or if he's even playing.

Greenfield beat Gleason 9-4 Thursday night. Heath Crouse hit 2 homers. I know this will sound funny saying this after scoring 9 runs, but we're still not hitting good. The DH's for our team are now 0-12 with a lot of strikeouts and pop ups on the infield. We have several boys that are starting and playing the entire game that are batting well below .200. We have a few boys that are hitting the ball really well, and they are carrying us at the moment in the hitting dept. Our defense is good, and our pitching is good, as well.

Our bats have got to wake up. Our hitting has got to improve if we're gonna go very far this year. Of course, the season is still young...so, maybe we'll see better hitting soon.

2010 St. Jude Classic......

http://www.ucturf.com/2010%20SJC%20Frontpage.htm

Here is the weather forecast for Union City this week...

http://www.weather.com/weather/narrative/38261

Hope the rain holds off....The Turf Management crew does a good job with the tarps and all....Maybe they can get the whole tournament in this year....