14A...The Regular Season Thread

Purple & Gold Standard

Greenfield beat Union City at UC behind the excellent pitching of Dalton Potts. He's finally getting over a minor back muscle injury, and he's starting to look like the Dalton of old.

Greenfield 8

UC 1

Next, the Jackets play Martin at Westview on Thursday. Now, the Jackets are 12-7(5-3in district).

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greenfield got beat by Martin the other night 8-1. The Jackets had one of those games. There was not much hitting...lots of strikeouts and slow rollers...plays werent made...too many errors, etc. The Martin pitcher did a good job, and Martin made the plays in the field.

Greenfield is now 12-8(5-3 in district).

Greenfield 3

Humboldt 0

If we dont start hitting better than we are, then we're in big trouble come playoff time. We have boys going 0 for 3, or 0 for 4 every game. We have 4 boys that start that are hitting the ball pretty good. That's it.

Our pitching is looking better every game. Our defense looks great one game, then not so great the next. But, overall, it's pretty good. But, hitting....well.....

The Jackets are now 14-8(7-3).

What do you expect from the Greenfield team? They are coached very well. They look like a bunch of middle school kids out there playing. Of course they can't hit. There's no beef in the line up. There are no more Josh Puckett's, Patrick Groom's or Caleb Farmer's out there. This is what you get when there is no strength and conditioning in the school. It's not important to them and only the kids that only play football lift. It's really a shame. These kids have talent, but talent only is not enough to win it all. Good luck to them though. I'll be watching.

Big Orange,

It is true that we're smaller than almost everyone that we play. But, small fellas can still hit, even when they're small. Last year, Greenfield went to the substate. We won the district. We won the region. We got beat in the substate. We had the same coach. We have most of the same kids back, with the exception of 3 seniors...and we have added the freshmen in, as well, of course. So, if we went to the substate last year, what would keep us from going back this year? maybe even to the state?

I'm just saying that our hitting is not good. You dont have to be a baseball expert to see that. I dont know what the answer is to the dilemma. Well, I have a few suggestions that I wont share. :roflol: But, if we dont start hitting the ball better than we are right now, then I just cant see us going very far this year.

I hope we do. I hope we win district, region, etc. But, it's just hard for me to see it right now..the way we're hitting the ball.

Go Jackets!