3aaa scores and results.

Rico

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The HVA vs. Bearden score was a Varsity game. Bearden pitchers were Hamilton, Cates, and Pasillas. HVA pitchers were Covell and Weiler. HVA is a very young team that will have some ups and downs. Last week, HVA couldn't handle AC's lefties in the two loses, although the games were still close through 4 or 5 innings. HVA also lost last week in 9 innings to a senior based West team and lost to CAK in 8 innings blowing a 3-2 lead in the top of 7th with 2 outs nobody on. Coach Renegar is doing a very good job bringing the young players along and they proved over the last week that they can be pretty fun to watch. HVA has two seniors on the team.

Hardin Valley does have a good team but I was at the West game and West is not a Senior loaded team. They pitched a freshman and closed with one of there 4 seniors. They started 2 soph and 4 juniors and 3 seniors and pitched a freshman. I hate to here everyone make excuses why they lost. Hardin Valley has a lot of juniors playing and in high school that is not young.

I did not say that West was senior "loaded", I said senior "based" as communicated to me by one of your own fans after the game while we were commenting on a good tough baseball game. Sorry if I relayed some info in my original post that you consider not accurate. The West fan I spoke with was very complimentary of your seniors. I know the senior pitcher that threw the last 3 or 4 innings really shut us down and did a very good job.

I certainly was not trying to diminish your win by stating we were young and I definitely was not trying to make an excuse for the loss. We start at least 5 sophs in the varsity line-up and have 3 freshman pitchers that saw action in critical spots in last week's games. That's pretty young as compared to most teams around and I would think is a solid fact about our program.

BTW, the only reason I even commented on the youth thing is because the previous poster asked me if HVA's varsity 12-3 win over Bearden's varsity was a JV score. We are a new school and there is still a little confusion in regards to our varsity program.

• 1 month later...

Hardin Valley Academy sweeps the series with Karns this week winning 11-9 and 7-6 in two exciting games. I believe Karns came into the series either with the 3rd or 4th best district record but not sure exactly how Anderson County, Karns, and Powell currently stack. HVA moves it's district record to 6-6 and 12-15 overall. HVA is 9-2 in last 11 games with one of the loses a tough 6-4 loss at Halls.

Overall, HVA is playing playing solid team baseball. The individual players don't get many mentions in discussions regarding best hitters, position players, and pitchers in the area. It's definitely been a situation where everyone contributes and the coaching staff continues to do a great job in building a young baseball program.

If anyone knows the exact district standings would appreciate a post as we move into last week of district play.