High School Coaches

PhastpitchPhan

Does anyones daughter play on a team where the coach is not a part of the faculty, just a volunteer with softball experience.What do you think of this arrangement. Personally I feel the coaching staff should be employed by the school or employed at a school in the same county. Back when fastpitch got popular and girls started getting scholarships, I could see the need for outside help. But now there should be enough backflow of former players or someone at the school that could do it. It seems like school boards and principals could go after teachers with previous fastpitch experience. For some reason I just dont feel good about someone working with my daughter that is an "outsider".

Does anyones daughter play on a team where the coach is not a part of the faculty, just a volunteer with softball experience.What do you think of this arrangement. Personally I feel the coaching staff should be employed by the school or employed at a school in the same county. Back when fastpitch got popular and girls started getting scholarships, I could see the need for outside help. But now there should be enough backflow of former players or someone at the school that could do it. It seems like school boards and principals could go after teachers with previous fastpitch experience. For some reason I just dont feel good about someone working with my daughter that is an "outsider".

If you have a non-faculty head coach...by tssaa rule...you have no faculty coach that would take the job. I guess you should be thankful you have a team...if that is the case.

PhastpitchPhan,

Assuming ya'll speaking of nobody in particular-

Just as much caution taken with alot of "school faculty", sometimes you won't like the ones they choose as your coach either, coaches either don't know enough of the game on the dirt, or just not good origanizers and depend too much on booster people to do things.

It is really sad when school athletes, girls and guys don't get the instruction/leadership they deserve in their sport. This lack of leadership/knowledge will lead to a failing program. It's a vicious cycle we have to live with,or not, and it's also the reason more kids lean to travel sports as their #1 option of involvement, opting to play for experienced coaching/leadership, not just an appointment.

But then on the other hand, we don't want to be under a dictatorship either, no matter who is running the show!

Sorry, Lions4ever, but the TSSAA really isn't worth much. At least not in your new district. Best of luck to you, though. You will have to overcome a lot to get a fair shake against some there. Actually, more like divine intervention. :thumb:

Actually since the Lady Lions have had a fair amount of success against this district in the past, a "fair shake" is not really our concern. But it does seem to be a BIG concern of yours...What is it about that "certain other team" that just stirs people up so much?...drama, drama, drama. If the Lady Lions go out and take care of business on the field, the rest usually works itself out. I think a few other teams (and fans) might want to heed that same advice.

Sorry, Lions4ever, but the TSSAA really isn't worth much. At least not in your new district. Best of luck to you, though. You will have to overcome a lot to get a fair shake against some there. Actually, more like divine intervention. :oops:

Actually since the Lady Lions have had a fair amount of success against this district in the past, a "fair shake" is not really our concern. But it does seem to be a BIG concern of yours...What is it about that "certain other team" that just stirs people up so much?...drama, drama, drama. If the Lady Lions go out and take care of business on the field, the rest usually works itself out. I think a few other teams (and fans) might want to heed that same advice.

There is always alot of "current" stirring around the "creek" :thumb: I don't care if its during HS or the summer season, always as you put it drama,drama,drama...... but hey mrnoitall thinks they do it right. I guess thats why they always look so good playing "good" teams late in the year..... :thumb:

Current? Drama? Some would call it scandal. And you are correct, there does seem to be a lot surrounding them. Especially, for such a new program. In regards to your term "doing it right", please reread the thread "2010 District 11AA Season". That term was actually used by howdoitknow. MrNoitAll did have an interesting quote in the thread "What's Next?" He heard someone say once, "It ain't cheatin' unless you get caught!" Perhaps this is the MrNoitAll quote regarding "the Creek" you were thinking of? :thumb: