Meigs looking for new coach

Ok here we go again, you would think since we have a coach now these posts would stop but I guess not, I am going to address big daddy, from an earlier post you said I chastized Baker for his decision making, your right I did and I would do it again because number 1 it went on entirely to long and this new coach came out of no where and Baker was bound and determined to NOT hire Holliday but whats done is done and Holliday will do well with this guy because thats the kind of person he is, now dc you again are wrong not all people are backing this guy at least not yet and its not because Holliday did not get the job and its not because he is not a good person or coach and just because he is looking for a house means absoultely nothing, bottom line is that this guy has not earned the respect of anyone here yet, yes we are behind him and the team but he needs to earn respect from the community just because hes head coach that does not give him a free pass, we gave it to the last couple of coaches and one left for money and the other just didn't seem to care and we got burned. Again just like everyone else here just my opinion and we can all agree to disagree. In any case good luck Tigers and good luck to the new coaching staff .

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should support him. But he will not support you. Just telling the truth. I posted way before his name even came up and I do not know him at all, I just know his track record and it speaks for itself. And I know how you treat coaches down there and you derserve what you get when you do what you do. To get what you've never had, you must do things you've never done. And MC is fine with being middle of the pack and does not aspire to be anything but second fiddle and the homecoming queen. And feel free to give me an email an I will email you personally to let you know who I am and that I have no dog in the fight. I just hate it when good coaches show loyalty but don't get rewarded. But maybe that's why young coaches don't get a chance anymore...because the Suitcase Scotts and Rich Rods of the world tell everyone that "this is the only job I have ever wanted"....and then bolt when the talent dries up. Louis Thompson never did it, Boots Donnelly didn't do it, and I am pretty sure John Tucker had chance after chance to make more money and turned it down because of his character. Is that fair sir? Now I do not know this guys circimstances but you will never win state championships jumping jobs every 3 or 4 years. (Unless one of those jobs is Alcoa or say Maryville) Think my thoughts are fair and to the point. Loyalty means nothing anymore. Not in High School and not in college. Why would I ever want to continue in this profession that rewards "What have you done for me lately" over Character.

NBC, I dont speak for the whole community, but for me and everyone i have spoken to that has met the coach and been around practices so far, they like the direction. Im sure you will be the very last person to jump on board no matter what.

As far as throwingforsix, you say you know Jones track record. Maybe you know something I don't know and can enlighten me and everybody else on here. Looking at his history, he has been a head coach once, so no jumping around every 3 or 4 years. And it doesnt look like looking elsewhere was the problem when he was the head coach. He didnt take another coaching job, he moved to Texas. Maybe there is more than what is being written or said about him that you know personally. You say you don't know him, but you know his track record. Give us the record please, because we are definitely missing something!

Meigs hasnt always been a bottom feeder and we wont continue to be. We will prove people like you wrong. I speak for many saying we will back Coach Jones and these kids and I personally believe we will get to where we need to be under his watch!

I said last post that your community should get behind him. But your communtiy needs a coach with a thick skin as it will take some time to rebuild "Rome" and that is something that is foreign to those in Tiger country. I just do not think you will get the same support from the HC when and if he wins. He will be on to the "Only job I have ever wanted" and you will be back to square one. You are going to be back in the same sitation in 4 years. Max. You guys have proved it is an impossible place to keep good coaches. Am I wrong?

I do admit we havent had the best of luck with longevity with coaches, BUT it cuts both ways. We have had coaches to leave for various reasons, and we as a community have to do a better job of understanding the situations. Sometimes the talent well does run dry for a spell and we tend to turn on the coach for not continually winning. We need to be better at understanding when we are young or rebuilding and be a part of that process and stick by the coach during the good and bad. I know this much about our community though, we support our team and our kids number one! So if Jones takes care of our kids and we win also, he will have a home for a long time.

Great Reply dc. Taking care of your young men should be the number one priority. However, not many people in MC land are as rational or honest as you are. Sad but true. Wish you nothing but the best, but I too am more rational than the average bear so my thoughts are not going to change about the future in Tiger town. This next year is lost because it took sooo long to hire and the other fans will be all over the situation and blame everyone but the person who did the hiring. I doubt I will eat my words but I will gladly eat a peice of humble pie if I a wrong. You have no chance of changing the fortunes for your future until you realize and reward loyalty and hard work. Remember the people that did not turn their back on the kids. Remember the people who had a chance to go other places and did not becasue that is their home and they love that place. I am an AD in Louisiana and the coaches that stuck by their kids through this disasterous process can work for me anytime they want. But I don;t expect them to turn their back on those kids the way the system turned their back on them. They are not that type of guys. Again, no ties to this program what-so-ever. Just hate the way it went down and would love to see this type of hiring process ended.... becasue it hurts everyone involved...and takes so long to overcome.

Throw, your right, loyalty was not and will never be rewarded here and that's a shame but you can thank the powers that be for that.Now dc, I have a dog in the race and and I'm a member of the community and I know 90 % of this team and the reason so many people like the direction this team is going right now is because this team had no direction over the last few years, we had Eller the last 2 years and Stan is a really nice guy and would do anything for you but he was not the solution. So only time will tell the only direction we can go is up.

Holiday, you can come work for me anytime you want. Good luck MC and good luck Coach Jones. Bygones. (Is that spelled right?) Choice is made, so fire the Super or whoever is responsible for this hire if it does'nt work out. Either you struck out or you hit a homerun and lets just hope the kids get what THEY deserve and we are not having this same conversation 3 years away.

I do admit we havent had the best of luck with longevity with coaches, BUT it cuts both ways. We have had coaches to leave for various reasons, and we as a community have to do a better job of understanding the situations. Sometimes the talent well does run dry for a spell and we tend to turn on the coach for not continually winning. We need to be better at understanding when we are young or rebuilding and be a part of that process and stick by the coach during the good and bad. I know this much about our community though, we support our team and our kids number one! So if Jones takes care of our kids and we win also, he will have a home for a long time.

This has to be the most "not understanding whats going on post of all time". Who in the community does not understand the situation? How does it cut both ways?

Coaches that have left and the reason:

Eller(first time) - Eller was frustrated with administration, namely the director of schools

Baker - 2 much work load, spend time with kids

Martin - money and frustration with the admin, promised things that were never delivered, new lights.

Eller - Baker wanting 2 go in a new direction, had nothing 2 do with community.

The community has not turned on any of these coaches. Everyone of them left for either (1) personel reasons (2) frustration with the admin (3) money, or (4) all the above.

All the hires and fires fall directly on the principal.

Yes the football community did give an assistant (1) a hard time but they supported the coaches much more than the administration.

Noticed our new lights yesterday, nice. 2 bad we could'nt have had them for Martin.

Hope the hire turns out to be a good one. Good luck to Coach Jones and the team. Hope the schhol system and the community appreciates Coach Holiday. Go Tigers!

Thanks wingman. The community appreciates Holiday. The administration does not. The principle would fire him today if not for that tenure thing. It is no secret that the principle has a dislike for Holiday.

Get in touch with the school board and get someome in there that has some integrity then. Sad situation for those kids to have to go through this year after year. How many Head Coaching jobs did George Quarrels have before Maryville took a shot? Same old same old. Sad. But good luck and tell Holiday he can come to LA and work anytime he wants. We don't have good softball but food makes up for it.