District 7AA How about a little chatter?

nocryinginbaseball

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grundy beat Bledsoe tonight 14-1. Any other scores of interest? I heard CCS beat Sequatchie County 10-0. If that is the case then District 7AA could be up for grabs as Bledsoe and CCS have already split their season series. Sequatchie swept Notre Dame last week so the standings should be: Grundy 1-0, SC and CCS 2-1, Bledsoe 1-2, and Notre Dame 0-2. Let me know if I am missing any district games.

Sequatchie over Grundy 5-4 with two runs in the bottom of the seventh. Defense for each team was a little rough at times, Sequatchie had 3 errors if I'm not mistaken. Sequatchie's Kilgore pitched a good game. Condra had 3 hits. Freshman Hudson hit for the winning run in the 7th.

Grundy gets revenge at home. Yellow Jackets get the win 9-5 tonight to split with the Indians. Shrum gets the win going the final 5 innings allowing 1 earned run. Solid defense tonight by the home team. The Jackets fell behind 3-0 in the top of the first but responded with 5 of their own in the bottom. Very young and feisty team on the field with only 2 seniors roaming in the outfield.

Notre Dame sweeps CCS to even their record at 2-2. As of now it looks like the district is still up for grabs. SC split with CCS and Grundy while sweeping Notre Dame, BC split with CCS and Grundy. Grundy will have the tiebreaker over Bledsoe and Sequatchie with run differential. Am I missing any games?

A lot more district games to be played before we count run differential. If Sequatchie doesn't wake up coaches and players we will lose more games.

All I was saying was with everyone splitting the run differential could be a factor if the trend continues. This could be a year where seeding really does not matter. Any one can win on any given day. Grundy has Notre Dame on the 19th and 20th and CCS on the 26th and 27th. I think the standings are correct.

SC 4-2

GC 2-2

BC 2-2

ND 2-2

CCS 2-4