District 7AA How about a little chatter?

nocryinginbaseball

All I was saying was with everyone splitting the run differential could be a factor if the trend continues. This could be a year where seeding really does not matter. Any one can win on any given day. Grundy has Notre Dame on the 19th and 20th and CCS on the 26th and 27th. I think the standings are correct.

SC 4-2

GC 2-2

BC 2-2

ND 2-2

CCS 2-4

From what I've seen this year, Seq. is by far the best team in this district! I heard they had a bad night in Grundy, and one of their players didn't play. Here's my standings: 1. SC, 2. BC, 3. CCS, 4,5, and 6........pickem

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I was saying was with everyone splitting the run differential could be a factor if the trend continues. This could be a year where seeding really does not matter. Any one can win on any given day. Grundy has Notre Dame on the 19th and 20th and CCS on the 26th and 27th. I think the standings are correct.

SC 4-2

GC 2-2

BC 2-2

ND 2-2

CCS 2-4

From what I've seen this year, Seq. is by far the best team in this district! I heard they had a bad night in Grundy, and one of their players didn't play. Here's my standings: 1. SC, 2. BC, 3. CCS, 4,5, and 6........pickem

I agree we should be the best team however, we are not playing like it and have not in a while. Grundy is better than CCS and I haven't seen Bledsoe play yet. Having said that I think Grundy will split with CCS.

So if SC and Bledsoe split does that mean that SC is better? How is Sequatchie the best team in the district when they have split with 2 district opponents? As for the third baseman, he did not play in the game at Grundy because he was ejected the night before for throwing a shoulder and elbow into GC's first baseman. Grundy ate the fill-in third baseman up with 7 bunts and all but 1 reached base. That's just good coaching and small ball. I agree that SC should be the pick of the litter but they are not playing well right now. Hope they split with BC.

Don't just tell half of the story, I don't condone what Cole did. However, he just reacted to what your first baseman did after they accidentally ran in to one another. The first baseman should have been thrown out as well for jumping up in his face and trash talking.

It is what it is. The umpires made a judgment call. I have to admit that everyone felt SC was a lock for the district title. They sure don't look like the team that played summer ball this past year. I understand that they have a sweep of Notre Dame under their belt but Bledsoe and Grundy both control their own destiny as far as the district goes. By the way, not having Cole in the line-up was a huge difference. I can give credit where credit is due. Grundy should have earned some respect as they played to a split with SC and committed 2 errors in the bottom of the 7th or they would have swept SC.

Both teams had errors that game. Grundy only had a couple of hits if I remember right. They wouldn't have taken the lead if not for a badly blown "safe" call at home-which is part of the game, it happens to everybody. I don't feel the collision at first was intentional at all. You have a 200 pounder who moves well for his size trying to beat out a throw and the fielder is standing in his way, directly in the runner's path instead of having a foot on it (which wasn't necessarily his fault either depending on where the ball ended, I can't remember that). If not for the jawing after I don't think there would have been an ejection.

It is what it is. The umpires made a judgment call. I have to admit that everyone felt SC was a lock for the district title. They sure don't look like the team that played summer ball this past year. I understand that they have a sweep of Notre Dame under their belt but Bledsoe and Grundy both control their own destiny as far as the district goes. By the way, not having Cole in the line-up was a huge difference. I can give credit where credit is due. Grundy should have earned some respect as they played to a split with SC and committed 2 errors in the bottom of the 7th or they would have swept SC.

And I could say that Grundy would not have won the second game if Cole wasn't thrown out, but that would'nt change anything. We split and that is that. We will see each other again and Sequatchie will be ready and so will Grundy. Grundy has improved as much as Sequatchie has not since the summer. 4 coaches in 5 years is tough. When we get back to playing well you will not want to play us.

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out. District tourney could get interesting. How many seniors start for the indians? I was under the impression that there was 5. What year is the lefty who started Tuesday's game?

We started the year with 5 seniors playing then 2 weeks ago we got Dykes back (broken foot). Brett's knees are so bad he can not catch and that hurts but, Dykes and TK2 has done a good job replacing him.This team has a lot of experience they just have to put it all together. Depends on who is pitching we start 6 seniors, 2 juniors and 1 soph. The lefty is a Soph.