Bearden vs. Melrose - AAA Semi-Finals

orangemoundwest

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bearden is a very talented YOUNG team with only 2 loses, 1 to Fulton(who made the tourney in AA) and the other to Knox West(the team who gave Fulton their only 2 loses til the tourney)....while i have seen Bearden play a few times this year and hearing about Melrose I just dont think Bearden has it talent wise to keep up with Melrose. Bearden only has 1 senior on thier team and they've made it this far!!! But I have to go with Melrose in this one...but hey its tourney time anything can happen! I hope Bearden is the Ohio University of high school basketball tonight lol BRING 1 GOLD BACK TO KNOX!!! :thumb:

Bearden's chances will improve drastically if Nate Rucker and Adonis Thomas are sidelined again. That will allow Bearden to match up a little better talent and size wise.

Nal I watched Bearden closely yeasterday. They have about three solid guards. The short guy is decent, the left handed kid has a nice game, and I believe no.5 hit about three in a row, so they have a great young team. With that said Melrose will blow them out. To much size down low...Melrose really has the easiest of the semi games...

Bearden's chances will improve drastically if Nate Rucker and Adonis Thomas are sidelined again. That will allow Bearden to match up a little better talent and size wise.

I agree with that statement.

Since I know NOTHING about Bearden except what I've read on these boards and -- according to many AP Poll voters, Bearden is the best big school in the entire State of Tennessee... all I can do is drop my mouth open in awe, and say this:

WOW!

This Bearden squad must be some ULTRA-elite team, if they are supposed to be better than Melrose!!!!!!

My goodness, gracious...I wish I could charter a private jet and hurry up and fly down to Murfreesboro, to see Bearden in action!

Look, I've seen this Melrose team play more times than I care to count. I've seen (and played) enough basketball in the last 30 years to know a bona-fide elite, dominate team when I see one. So, please trust me when I tell you this:

Melrose is (merely) a bona-fide elite team!

[for the record: Last year (before this BB season began) I posted comments on this CoachT board, projecting that this year's Melrose team would threaten to run the table, enroute to an undefeated AAA State Championship! Well, they've lost 4 games....we'll see about the rest...]

If this ULTRA-elite team (Bearden) is better than Melrose.....Man, I'm telling you-- it should be against State Laws and TSSAA rules to even permit Bearden team to play against mere High School teams! It's just not fair! Heck, Bearden should be forced to play against small Colleges or something.

Seriously.

----------------------------

Conclusion: The elite Memphs Melrose Golden Wildcats will get a seriously embarrasing beat down at the hands of this ULTRA-elite Bearden team.

After reading some other thread...

------------------------------------------------------------

I really wish that CoachT could somehow implement some sort of "Man-up, Don't-Be-A-Coward" rule that says something like...

"Any poster who does not have the courage to post bold PRE-GAME comments, then he/she will be FORBIDDEN from suddenly posting any bold 'chest-thumping' sort of comments AFTER the game is over!"

Conclusion: The elite Memphs Melrose Golden Wildcats will get a seriously embarrasing beat down at the hands of this ULTRA-elite Bearden team. TRADERB are you serious!

Yes and no:

-------------------------

Yes -- I am deadly serious about Melrose being an ELITE team!!

Yes -- I am deadly serious about an ULTRA-elite team being able to beat-down a mere ELITE team.

Yes -- I am serious that I have not seen Bearden with my own two eyes.

Yes -- I am deadly serious that many Pollsters actually believe that Bearden is better than Melrose!!

Yes -- I am deadly serious that Bearden would HAVE to be an ULTRA-elite team, to actually be better than.... and defeat Melrose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No -- I am EXTREMELY skeptical that the pollsters are correct.