White Station vs. Melrose -AAA State Championship

orangemoundwest

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rucker does have a broken ankle. So he is definitely out for the championship game. The rest of the guys will have to pick up the slack. 6'9"sophomore Darius Moore can be a big boost if he can give some quality minutes. The White Station Bigs really stepped up in the semi-finals. Melrose can't let them get off like that.

If Wilkerson is out, Melrose gets a little smaller but can replace him in the starting lineup with McAfee.

Each of the previous games these teams have played have had different identities. One thing for sure is that the guys will leave it all on the floor. I'm pulling for my golden Wildcats to circle the wagons and bring the gold ball back to Orange Mound!

First of all, what I saw out of Joe Jackson last night did not impress me at all. We left at halftime, and Joe Jackson had done nothing...nothing to write home about. He had 3 points, and he was a complete, non factor in the game. In fact, the Northeast PG had totally out played him...Telvin James, I think his name was. We left at halftime because you could see White Station winning this one due to their big man...the 6' 8" Beast that dominated the boards. So, unless Joe J. picked up his game in a huge way in the second half, then he's not nearly as good as I was led to believe.

I do think that White Station will have an advantage without Rucker in there to deal with the Beast of White Station. That kid can dominate a game...on his pure size and athleticism alone. I still think that Melrose will find a way to win....Chris Jones is very good, and I'm glad that he's committed to the Vols. The Adonis Jackson...I think his name is...kid is good...very good. I hope the Vols can get him, too. If Jones and Adonis can make up for Nate being out of the lineup, then Melrose will probably win. But....

Of course, this is all just my humble opinion of which I value very highly. :thumb:

This should be a great game. Its unfortunate that Rucker got hurt i wish him all the luck in the world with the future and a speedy recovery. Him not being there changes this game completely especially with how well Williams has played this week. I think this game is a complete toss up.

This game is a true SHOCKER! :thumb:

ALL WEST TN FINAL!!!!

Two Great teams battling it out for the championship.

I think Melrose has too much talent overall, but its hard to go against Joe Jackson!!!!

I'm pulling for White Station even though I think Melrose will win, but the underdog has taken over in College Basketball this year so anything can happen!!!!

Shocker?!?!?! Everyone knows that the best basketball in the state comes from Memphis and that's been going on for decades!!! In last year's championship my Pharaohs lost (not on their own but due to the striped shirts) to the Spartans. Where have you been at??? I hope those refs don't take this one away from Melrose too! They outplayed them up to this point and don't need to get involved like they did Raleigh-Egypt last year. But, when White Station plays for the title they'll do anything to get them the ring.

THis marks three straight championship appearances for White Station I believe. In the previous two Joe played very well. As far as last nights game I thought he played a great game and didn't try to force anything. Northeast ran James and Purvis at him when he dribbled the ball down the court forcing him to give it up. In Jackson's defense it's not like he shot 30 times and he was off. I'm quite sure Coach Patino will take almost 20 points from Joe after being doubled all night and that win...FYI Jackson moved into 2nd place all time SHelby County scoring list....Can't wait until 6. COngrats both Melrose and White Station

DoES AnYONE KnOW WhAT ChANNEL ThE GaME WiLL Be ON?? :lol:

In the Memphis area, Comcast TV:

-------------------------------------

Channel 31 -- Digital

Channel 77 -- Cable-Ready

--------------------------------------------

Ok, here's the deal with the Memphis area cable channels. This MIGHT be the deal in you area, as well -- assuming you've also got Comcast:

1) The above channels are listed in the Channel lineup as "Mid-South Marketplace!"

2) The cable guide will NOT indicate that ANY basketball games will be shown!

3) All the guide will say is....."Mid-South Marketplace"

I hope this helps. :thumb:

P.S.... Of course, Comcast will broadcast all 3 of today's State Title games.