Explain This

Chakra20

I know there has been a lot of talk bantered around about the public/private split here lately i just wanted to share with both segments that at least the school i follow is preparing itself for this. Ezell-Harding will undertake a schedule like they have never had before next year. Pretty much taking every public school from its schedule.

GoodPasture

Lipscomb

Brentwood Academy

CPA

DCA

Lighthouse

NCS

Jo Byrns(Not sure)

Boyd-Buchanan

BGA-(could be on schedule)

FRA (Added)

6 region games they will need one more.

This is the schedule they are taking on. They will have a tough road to hoe next year. They open with Goodapasture Lipscomb and BA talk about murderers row, especially witht he amount of talent they are losing this year.

Also, it looks too me as if they are ready to play all private schools seeing that next year 8-9 of their regular season games will be private schools. Im sure this is an attempt to improve their programs and get compeptitive with some of the other private schools in the area. But looking at this with a cautious eye i think they may know or feel something is coming and just want to beat the scheduling conflicts that could arise when the split comes.

This probably looks like some kind of nightmare to many coaches and im sure it wont be easy. Some type of split will happen but the tone i get from many of the public supporters is that the 1a privates are afraid of it. looks like to me i know at least one that isnt.

[Edited by Chakra20 on 9-24-02 12:42P]

[Edited by Chakra20 on 9-24-02 5:26P]

I thought this was going to happen and it comes at a very bad time for Ezell.My guess is that all of the good private schools schedules is going to look like this.I think the public schools are making a statement.I don't think the private schools have any choice but to play each other.If the only advantages they have is hard work and good coaching then I think this is a shame,although I do believe its a little more than that.It,s a mess at any rate.

Chakra20, Just curious -- did Ezell go after this schedule or did they try to schedule some public schools that turned them down? (outside of the required games).

[Edited by conway on 9-24-02 3:30P]

Posted by conway:

Chakra20, Just curious -- did Ezell go after this schedule or did they try to schedule some public schools that turned them down? (outside of the required games).

[Edited by conway on 9-24-02 3:30P]

Actually i think they went after this schedule. It makes a lot more sense seein they are closer to them and can instantly form rivalries. I dont think people would turn them down, but these are the closest schools to their size. Also, they are really competing over the same kids togo to school. There is such a samll segment of your population that is willing to pay for education for their kids and afford it that they are competing against each other for these kids.

[Edited by Chakra20 on 9-24-02 4:19P]

Chakra20,

There do not appear to be enough region games here. I think FRA have to be on the list as they are in the same sub region. Ezell would also need to play at least 2-3 teams from the other part of the region (NCS, Jo Byrns and possibly one other). Things do change a little next season, but unless Lighthouse drops out, I think most of us in 5-1A will have 6-7 regional games. It is also possible CA will come back.

Posted by Chakra20:

I know there has been a lot of talk bantered around about the public/private split here lately i just wanted to share with both segments that at least the school i follow is preparing itself for this. Ezell-Harding will undertake a schedule like they have never had before next year. Pretty much taking every public school from its schedule.

GoodPasture

Lipscomb

Brentwood Academy

CPA

DCA

Lighthouse

NCS

Jo Byrns(Not sure)

Boyd-Buchanan

BGA-(could be on schedule)

This is the schedule they are taking on. They will have a tough road to hoe next year. They open with Goodapasture Lipscomb and BA talk about murderers row, especially witht he amount of talent they are losing this year.

Also, it looks too me as if they are ready to play all private schools seeing that next year 8-9 of their regular season games will be private schools. Im sure this is an attempt to improve their programs and get compeptitive with some of the other private schools in the area. But looking at this with a cautious eye i think they may know or feel something is coming and just want to beat the scheduling conflicts that could arise when the split comes.

This probably looks like some kind of nightmare to many coaches and im sure it wont be easy. Some type of split will happen but the tone i get from many of the public supporters is that the 1a privates are afraid of it. looks like to me i know at least one that isnt.

[Edited by Chakra20 on 9-24-02 12:42P]

Sorry to say..that is not ezell's scedule next year!ext year they play everyone in their region..plus goodpasture week one and david libscomb week 8 or 9 i think. The coach asked the juniors if we wanted some of father ryan and goodpasture.. but we only got one of them. Even though that is a year ahead...we will be ready to play. Ezell doesn't loze all their talent this year.

Posted by Gater24:

Sorry to say..that is not ezell's scedule next year!ext year they play everyone in their region..plus goodpasture week one and david libscomb week 8 or 9 i think. The coach asked the juniors if we wanted some of father ryan and goodpasture.. but we only got one of them. Even though that is a year ahead...we will be ready to play. Ezell doesn't loze all their talent this year.

KT, id agree you dont lose everyone but u lose 90% of your starters. And you are right you get to scrimmage BA this next year thats my fault. Id agree you sclappi and gattid have the ability to make plays but its gonna be on defense where i see you havin problems. Also, huff is a good player. But you do lose 4 o lineman 3 d lineman 3 lbs 2 db 2 rbs and 3 wr thast pretty step hill to climb.

But you add DL and Goodpasture and the point i was makin was they werent goin after any public schools.