New Playoff System, It's official

Govolsknox

I absolutely disagree with total number of victories being at the top. Giles non-district schedule includes 6A Cookeville along with 5A Lawrenceburg & Shelbyville. Having the guts to schedule the bigger schools will now be considered foolish. Even with this new format I look for OC to continue to schedule the larger schools. It prepares Giles better for their district. Of course if you take care of business in your district all this really doesn't matter does it? :popcorneater:

Playoff plan sucks before, blows now and will continue to do so until we go to some sort of a power point system like several states have gone too. Then you get credit for playing good teams no matter the classification...........of course the higher the classification........the more you get.

They need to quit thinking about money and:

1.) just go with A, AA, & AAA and take the top 2 teams from each district and go with that

2.) go to a 1A-6A plan and have 8 regions per class and take the top 2 teams from each region that way the system is back to a "you know what you have to do to get in" type of format

Four teams from each region is too many and while occasionally you may have a situation like Livingston Academy back in 2005 those times come few and far between.

The new system sucks worse than the Z-Plan did IMHO. It rewards horrible teams for playing horrible out of district schedules while there are going to be some solid teams that play some very tough non-district schedules left standing out in the cold.

It seems like all of this is just trial and error without much forethought.

I agree with you on this one howdoitknow. 32 teams per classification is too many. Total wins versus quality of wins is bogus. Non district games have too much of a premium put on them as 'winnable games'.

I agree 100%. This plan is as ill advised as the last one AND the coaches that scheduled up last year and signed home and away contracts for non district games are getting screwed royally this year.

I personally like the 1A-6A classification system. Most states have classes 1-6, so I beleive this is a good move.

I HATE the Z- Plan. SOmethin had to be changed.

I think a points system would be best as well. As bad as I hate to say it somethin that resembles the BCS would be best. I realize that the BCS SUCKS, BUT IMHO, he BCS would be perfect for high school ball, becuase of the fact that so many teams are playing up in class but on the same token A LOT are playin down in class.

In a way I can understand why they changed it back in '86 but I still think it sucks. It's all about the money. I mean, you have a 2-8 team in the playoffs????? I think if they are going to keep 5 or 6 classifications then they need to back it down to the top two teams. If they go back to 3 classifications then they need to have it at top 3 teams from each Region. 1vs3 and 2vs2 from the respective regions... All this money grap is really taking away from the sport. In addition, the TSSAA completely destroyed bowl games!

I can't believe they removed the head to head criteria. It's nice they are getting rid of 2-8 teams but head to head should mean something. I mean, if team A went 9-1 and beat team B and team B went 9-1 and beat more .500 teams team B getting the 1 seed in that bracket kinda doesn't make sense. Let the play on the field decide too!