York Football... Where is it headed??

hilhamhound

I read the other day that the State of Tennessee would no longer be funding York Institute. I just wonder how this will effect the Lizards on the hill now that they are on a level playing field with the rest of the State.... I would say that their days of having an even 'slighty' competetive football team are over.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

slightly competitive?.....this coming from a livingston fan who had their first successful season in how many years.....been awhile since york has not had a winning season....i would keep my comments about other teams competitveness to myself until you at least have some success yourself

slightly competitive?.....this coming from a livingston fan who had their first successful season in how many years.....been awhile since york has not had a winning season....i would keep my comments about other teams competitveness to myself until you at least have some success yourself

In the past five years, LA has been to the playoffs twice and won a state championship. I would say that's is a little more than 'some' success. You still didn't answer the question, do you think having to actually pay for things like every other team in the state will hurt the program??

the states money does not go to anything but the school, so no it will not effect the program bc the program funds itself.

Wait a minute - this past year when the stadium was shut down and only the first six rows could be used - the state was only going to build back about half of the seats that are there now. That sounds to me that the state pays for the athletic facilities. And, who built the stadium, the state of the county? I think that the state has more financial help than you might think.

Well let's put it this way since you don't believe it. The stadium will be built and the field house will be renovated regardless of whether or not York is state funded next year and you can take that to the bank. As for Livingston winning by thirty......the bigs had their mud to save them this year next year won't be the same story. Coach Lamb could have came to York and played on a decent field but knew the mud was the only chance the pigs had to win, and he was right and it paid off. There was no mud in the playoffs though was there and the results speak for themselves.

Well let's put it this way since you don't believe it. The stadium will be built and the field house will be renovated regardless of whether or not York is state funded next year and you can take that to the bank. As for Livingston winning by thirty......the bigs had their mud to save them this year next year won't be the same story. Coach Lamb could have came to York and played on a decent field but knew the mud was the only chance the pigs had to win, and he was right and it paid off. There was no mud in the playoffs though was there and the results speak for themselves.

Again, "wait a minute": I wasn't questioning whether or not the stadium will or will not be renovated, I was just making a point that the state DID pay for athletic facilities at YAI.

Again, "wait a minute": I wasn't questioning whether or not the stadium will or will not be renovated, I was just making a point that the state DID pay for athletic facilities at YAI.

Yes the state funded facility improvements just as most county or city systems fund facility improvements. Not many progams fund their own stadium renovations.

Hound it may be a stretch to predict LA winning by 30 next year.

I read the other day that the State of Tennessee would no longer be funding York Institute. I just wonder how this will effect the Lizards on the hill now that they are on a level playing field with the rest of the State.... I would say that their days of having an even 'slighty' competetive football team are over.

Another uneducated poster that thinks they know all. York could possibly be better off. They can actually be able to run a program like it should be run without the interference of the "state policies". They have to go to state to do anything, they then have to get a committee together to vote on a committee to research the effects that the change could bear on the communities.....blah, blah, blah....by that time the deadline has run out and you have to start all over again...you get the point.

I would guess that York going back to county would be a little revenge for the heat that the governor took over the old building and is starting to take over the stadium being condemned and fixing to have to be rebuilt. Nothing like revenge in politics.

Hound:

The lizards had a massive two game win streak over the Wildcats and now are cocky. Thirty may be a stretch, but a win isn't.

Livingston won this year. I was always taught to prepare for ALL conditions. In one of those down years, the Cats still beat the Lizards. Yes, you have won 2 out of 3, but trace that record on back and tell me the results. When did the Lizards get the gold?