Riverdale position????

BigENS

I think Decker will be a good coach and was the right man for the job but I beileve if Hooper had applied at Oakland Middle he would have gotten the job. Not that it matters now. Lol! Any word on who else might have applied for the Lavergne Middle job?

I agree with you on most things Packers but I know for a FACT that Hooper would not have gotten the OMS job. Wright was not going to let that happen!! And from what I have been told Oakland and Buchanan both contacted Decker for their jobs. No idead who goes to LMS. Maybe Bill Hockenberry. As a Murfreesboro fan I hope thats who they hire! ha ha

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Decker will be a good coach and was the right man for the job but I beileve if Hooper had applied at Oakland Middle he would have gotten the job. Not that it matters now. Lol! Any word on who else might have applied for the Lavergne Middle job?

I agree with you on most things Packers but I know for a FACT that Hooper would not have gotten the OMS job. Wright was not going to let that happen!! And from what I have been told Oakland and Buchanan both contacted Decker for their jobs. No idead who goes to LMS. Maybe Bill Hockenberry. As a Murfreesboro fan I hope thats who they hire! ha ha

I hope Decker didn't pay too much attention to the way Dotson coached! LOL!!

interesting. very intersting, i havent seen this much talk on here about middle school basketball in a very long time. Im sure you all know this but if not here is something else interesting to think about. The middle schools are split into two divisions now so it should be fun to see how next season plays out

North division

lavegne

Stewarts Creek

Blackman

Rock Springs

Smyrna

South Division

Oakland

Rockvale

Siegel

Christiana

Whitworth-Buchanan

FYI i think the South Division is going to be stronger than the north as well. Just my two pennies lol

Yeah Packers I agree. From what I saw of Decker this season, he is not as cocky or arrogant as Dotson. Plus no one I've talked to has anything bad to say about him. He will be working a lot with Coach Wright at OHS so that should help him a lot as well.

Interesting info Ice Cold. I agree with you. It seems that the South Division will be the tough division in my opinion as well.

From what I've heard he's gonna have a lot of talent next year. As far as the divisions go I agree with y'all that the south looks like the tougher one.

I think basically every team in the league last year was loaded with 8th graders so the only thing we can go by is JV teams. Central's jv went undefeated and they are all going to Oakland middle. Decker will have a good crop of talent so he will be expected to win right away. Like I said before we are really about to find out who really can and can not coach in this league, and all of the high school coaches will be paying close attention now that they all have at least one feeder school

This is very true Ice Cold. With the new schools opening up that will split up some of the talent. Less talent=greater need of a good coach. Central has just always seemed to have more talent on their JV team than most teams had on their varsity! ha ha

yeah except for that 3 year stretch where Blackman won the jv tournament every year and Blackman's varsity beat them 3 out of 4 times in one year lol

So was Blackman more talented or did they out-coach and out-play central?

on the varsity level Blackman was more talented the year they won the state sectionl. I was said as far as jv those 3 years central was more talented just outcoached

And Hooper was the jv coach then right? Need I say more?

So was Blackman more talented or did they out-coach and out-play central?

on the varsity level Blackman was more talented the year they won the state sectionl. I was said as far as jv those 3 years central was more talented just outcoached

And Hooper was the jv coach then right? Need I say more?

Nope Hooper wasn't coaching then. Last year was his first year back since 2005. He was Couey's assistant and JV head coach and he went undefeated. Check your facts before you bash the guy! :thumb: