District 7 AAA

BHSVB

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to share a few statistics for 7AAA fans interested in the key Lavergne at Siegel matchup tonight. I believe this game will be a battle and cannot wait to see it tonight.

Lavergne

Record: 1-1 7AAA, 5-3-2 Overall

10 games: 19 goals for, 14 goals against

Opposing teams records (excluding Lavergne games): 56-25-7

Record vs teams with winning record: 3-3-2

Record vs teams with losing record: 2-0

Siegel

Record: 1-0 7AAA, 6-4 Overall

10 games: 21 goals for, 18 goals against

Opposing teams records (excluding Siegel): 50-35-9

Record vs teams with winning record: 0-4

Record vs teams with losing record: 6-0

While Siegel has played some of the state's best teams, it appears Lavergne's overall schedule to this point has been a little tougher (only facing two teams with losing records).

I have seen both teams play and both are very talented. I would not be surprised at all to see a tie tonight, but give Lavergne a slight edge in this game (based on comparing success against teams with a winning record). Good luck to both teams.

It was a great game! Siegel and LaVergne definitely were back-to-back throughout most of the game. LaVergne had 2 goals boths from outside the box on excellent finishes. They are clearly a danger in the midfield especially on the left side. Siegel had numerous opportunities to score, especially within the last 10 minutes, but never found the back of the net.

Now that the regular season is nearing its end, I'd just like to hear everyone's thoughts about the district standings thus far. Though many people predicted Riverdale finishing at the bottom of the district, they are unbeaten (3-0) so far, with wins over Smyrna, LaVergne, and Oakland. This puts them in a good position entering the last two district games, considering Siegel's loss to LaVergne and the tie between Oakland and Blackman. But this is where it gets interesting as the final district games are always exciting. Any thoughts?

I think anyone who didnt expect Riverdale to be at the top of the district doesnt know much about their program. They have a great coach, and probably one of the best players in Plietez, so its no suprise thier undefeated in district so far. Tonights game with Blackman at Siegel is very important to help start to sort the district standings out. The game should be very exciting with both teams out to prove themselves. Siegel is out to prove themselves after a tough loss against Lavergne and to avenge last years 7-2 defeat to Blackman. Blackman is trying to earn respect and show that they deserve to be among the top teams in the district. I think the game will come down to who finishes their chances as I expect a low scoring game. I expect a tough last week of the regular season and think our district tournament will be very exciting with so many good teams.

Lavergne 3

Smyrna 1

Not suprising, Smyrna just isnt the team they used to be. But Lavergne looks very solid, great ball movement and they found the net when they needed to. Lavergnes defense is solid, alot of talent in the starters and good depth on the bench, BUT, the style of play is more of a "Sunday pick up game", rather than a possesion team, which could hurt them in the long run. I think if they settle down and work the ball around more, without forcing passes and going straight to goal, they can go far. Above all, good result for Lavergne.

Siegel 1

Blackman 0

Good game Should say more about the goal but won't.

great game by both teams tonight. but good thing you didnt say anything about that goal. It was a spectacular finnish. I think Siegels midfield is what really made the difference

And the talk about district. I was one that put riverdale low. I take full accountability for my stupidity. I underestimated Ali. They are a great team

Current records (7AAA, Overall) and remaining games...

Riverdale (3-0, 7-4), Lavergne (3-1, 7-3-2), Siegel (2-1, 7-5), Blackman (1-1-1, 6-1-2), Oakland (1-2-1, 2-6-2), Smyrna (0-5, 3-6-1).

Tuesday, April 27

Smyrna at Wilson Central, 5p

* Riverdale at Blackman, 7p

Pope John Paul II at Siegel, 7p

Thursday, April 29

* Lavergne at Blackman, 7p

Antioch at Oakland, 7p

Friday, April 30

Ooltewah at Smyrna, 5p

* Siegel at Riverdale, 7p

Saturday, May 1

Ooltewah at Blackman, noon

Tullahoma at Smyrna, 5p

Tuesday, May 4

Smyrna at Lincoln Co, 5p

* Siegel at Oakland, 7p

Columbia at Lavergne, 7p

Thursday, May 6

Lavergne at Lebanon, 5p

Oakland at Tullahoma, 7p

Smyrna at Shelbyville, 7p

Current records (7AAA, Overall) and remaining games...

Riverdale (3-0, 7-4), Lavergne (3-1, 7-3-2), Siegel (2-1, 7-5), Blackman (1-1-1, 6-1-2), Oakland (1-2-1, 2-6-2), Smyrna (0-5, 3-6-1).

Tuesday, April 27

Smyrna at Wilson Central, 5p

* Riverdale at Blackman, 7p

Pope John Paul II at Siegel, 7p

Thursday, April 29

* Lavergne at Blackman, 7p

Antioch at Oakland, 7p

Friday, April 30

Ooltewah at Smyrna, 5p

* Siegel at Riverdale, 7p

Saturday, May 1

Ooltewah at Blackman, noon