District 7 AAA

BHSVB

Riverdale 5

Blackman 1

A complete domination by the Warriors. The Blaze were out played at every phase of tonights game. The Warriors showed quality throughout their lineup, while the Blaze just didnt respond to adversity. Two quick goals by Riverdale set the early tone, then Blackman answered soon after that. Then a defensive breakdown lead to the third goal , so 3-1 at halftime. The Warriors never let up in the second half, keeping constant pressure on the Blaze, completely dominating the midfield. The Blaze have an important game Thursday against Lavergne, will be interesting to see how they react to tonights game. Congratulations Warriors on a well played soccer game.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely agree. Riverdale controlled the ball the majority of the game, but Blackman seemed to just lose all potential after halftime. At the start of the second half, two more goals were scored within ten minutes. Blackman appeared to lose confidence and show several signs of frustration within its own team. Now coming up in the week will be a couple of interesting matchups. If Riverdale wants to maintain their first position in the division, they have to come up with a win against Siegel (depending on the Siegel-Oakland matchup) and Blackman faces off against LaVergne. It will be interesting to find out how those games turn out.

Does anyone know the specifics of the 7AAA District Tournament?

My current assumption is:

Monday, May 10 - #6 vs #3 and #5 vs #4.

Tuesday, May 11 - Winner 6/3 vs #2 and Winner 5/4 vs #1.

Thursday, May 13 - Winner 6/3/2 vs Winner 5/4/1.

Will any of the district tournament games be played at a host field? If so, which school is scheduled to host? Or will games be played at higher seed's home field?

If anyone knows answers to all or some of the above, please pass them along. Thanks.

Just FYI, it appears Lincoln Co and Shelbyville are the top teams in District 8 (but don't count out Columbia after their surprise tourney run a year ago). Also, Cleveland and Cookeville are clearly the top teams in Region 3 at this time.

From the way I understand how the district tournament will be done is :

3x6 teams, where the #3 seed host game 1

4x5 teams, where #4 seed host game 1

Lavergne is the host this year but from what I was told semi's and finals will be at Siegel Soccer Complex. (This could be subject to change, but pretty sure its correct)

Riverdale 1 - Siegel 1

Very tough fought game by both teams. Riverdale controlled the first half and scored within the first 15 minutes. Second half, Siegel picked it up and Riverdale lost its intensity. Riverdale also had many opportunities that should have been goals. The game-tying goal came in the 70th minute and both teams were determined to take the lead, making the game very exciting. Siegel even pulled their keeper to midfield on one possession. All in all it was a fantastic game, one of the most exciting all year. However, with this game in the books, Riverdale clinches the division and will get a first round bye in the district tournament. Siegel's seeding will depend on the result of their game against Oakland next week.

well i was finally able to make the siegel vs. riverdale game tonight....

riverdale 1

Siegel 1

my view on the game is it was well played by both sides. Riverdale got a lucky break with an own goal on a reflection from a hard attempt of a shot that was practically a low cross nothing that the siegel player could have done he was just unlucky. Siegel finished on a cross. With possesion it seems like siegel had it more i would say though 60% to 40%. Riverdale only had 2 on frame shots and siegel prob had 4 or so. It should be a nice toss up with district play though idk how the satandings will look with a tie into play.

well i was finally able to make the siegel vs. riverdale game tonight....

riverdale 1

Siegel 1

my view on the game is it was well played by both sides. Riverdale got a lucky break with an own goal on a reflection from a hard attempt of a shot that was practically a low cross nothing that the siegel player could have done he was just unlucky. Siegel finished on a cross. With possesion it seems like siegel had it more i would say though 60% to 40%. Riverdale only had 2 on frame shots and siegel prob had 4 or so. It should be a nice toss up with district play though idk how the satandings will look with a tie into play.

I think you we're going for the word deflection and not reflection :roflol:

Yeah, I would agree with this. Great game played by both teams... one of the most exciting games I've seen. The momentum completely changed after the first half, which Riverdale had the upper-hand on, and it went to more of a Siegel control. District is becoming more unpredictable with each game!

Points, standings, and scenarios vis 7 AAA By Laws:

Riverdale 4 - 0 - 1 = 13 points (1st Place)

LaVergne 4 - 1 - 0 = 12 points (2nd Place)

Siegel 2 - 1 - 1 = 7 points (3rd place and 4th place are still up for grabs)

Oakland 1 - 2 - 1 = 4 points (still has a chance for 3rd but can do not worse than 4th)

Blackman 1 - 3 - 1 = 4 points (5th place - they cannot pass Oakland via the tie breaker rules)

Smyrna 0 - 5 - 0 = 0 points (6th place)

Here are the scenarios and explanations. If Siegel beats Oakland, they will be in 3rd with 10 points and Oakland 4th with 4 points. The reason Oakland gets 4th over Blackman is based on the tie breaker rules. The first tie breaker is head-to-head. Oakland and Blackman tied in regular season. The next tie breaker is how they did against the top seeded team -- in this case, Riverdale. Oakland lost 2 to 1 and Blackman lost 5 to 1. Since Oakland did better against Riverdale, they would be seeded ahead of Blackman via the tie breaker system. The next scenario is if Oakland beats Siegel they would have 7 points and be tied with Siegel on points but would be seeded ahead of them by virtue of the tie breaker system having beat them in head-to-head competition during the regular season. Oakland would then be seeded 3rd and Siegel 4th. The final scenario is if Oakland and Siegel tie. In that case Siegel would have 8 points and be seeded 3rd and Oakland 5 points and seeded 4th. The only thing the district is waiting on for the seeding is the game between Oakland and Siegel. Good luck to everyone and have fun.