ANDERSON COUNTY VS. HALLS

tnbaseball2

This matchup is looking to be a great showdown between the 2 district rivals. With all of Halls depth and strong sticks, Anderson County looks to match up with them with 2 great southpaws and some solid sticks... Anderson County is at 15-2 while Halls is at 12-1..... Who do you think takes the series???

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok we all know your from anderson co and your mad cause you got spanked :lol: . First of all your third base coach seems like he runs his mouth alot and kept jawing back with the Halls players. That seems a little non-classy you think ...? Hes a coach sounds like he needs to grow up. And the also first pitch on the first batter was beamed with a fastball right in the back after the inning where there were some altercations. Williams is a good pitcher and doesn't usually miss that bad on a fastball so you might want to think before you speak on who has no class.

Andrew Barkley will be pitching on the Wednesday matchup. And for the ignorant one who called halls unclassy, are you kidding me? For getting pumped up about a couple RBI doubles? Or was it that 3 run homerun that Halls's 9th batter hit? Maybe you should look back to Halls's shortstop getting pegged after ACs "unclassy" coach argued with the same player about clearly tagging a runner out. Accept defeat, it will most likely occur again. Probably tonight at Anderson county. :lol:

Andrew Barkley will be pitching on the Wednesday matchup. And for the ignorant one who called halls unclassy, are you kidding me? For getting pumped up about a couple RBI doubles? Or was it that 3 run homerun that Halls's 9th batter hit? Maybe you should look back to Halls's shortstop getting pegged after ACs "unclassy" coach argued with the same player about clearly tagging a runner out. Accept defeat, it will most likely occur again. Probably tonight at Anderson county. :lol:

IMO neither team played without class, so needless to say I disagree with the AC fan who first claimed it and the Halls fans who responded in kind. Don't forget that a lot of the players on both teams grew up playing with and against each other so what little jawboning occurred was clearly good-natured and entirely understandable in a game of this magnitude. The AC pitcher -- Williams -- who hit McConkey didn't do that intentionally. His background and character wouldn't allow it and his intelligence would preclude it because if I recall correctly McConkey was leading off that inning and the score was still close. My advice is to enjoy watching two good baseball teams battle it out tonight in what I hope will be another fine night for baseball.

Barkley's a junior, right? Is he also a lefty?

MavMaximus Good post, I agree on the point of many of the players on both teams have played with/against each other most of their baseball careers. What gets to me is apparently the coach "jawing" about the tag at second base not only to the umpire but to the SS Paul McConkey. After the heated inning and exchanged words.. ironically McConkey is beamed first pitch of his at bat. Intential..or an extreme coincidence. But somehow Halls is accused of being unclassy.

Yes, Andrew Barkley is a Junior. Lefty.

Halls won 8-3. Durand pitched most of the game and was rocked pretty hard. Everyone hyping this kid up were brought back down the earth. It really proves that he hasn't faced any good competition and he faced a really strong team in Halls last night. Senior outifielder Blake Childress took Durand deep in the 5th inning for the first time in Childress's career. McConkey also had 2 rbi doubles with Burton adding a few rbi singles. Andrew Barkley pitched an outstanding game. Goes to show that AC's so called "ace" was no match for the Red Devils.