Lawrence County - Lady Warrior Southern Classic Champions

Weave

Congratulations to the Lady Cats of Lawrence County, Tennessee for winning the 8th Annual Lady Warrior Southern Classic with a 4 and 0 record. Allen County, Kentucky finishes 2nd in the "standings" which are located on our website at http://www.riverdalesoftball.com

Special thanks to the host schools who provided top notch facilities to 43 teams from 6 states and 114 games played with only 8 games rained out(9:00 AM Saturday session). Our out-of-state visitors were particularly impressed with the quality of the competition AND fields in the middle Tennessee area. Kudos all!

Plans for the 2011 Classic have already begun.......

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to the Lady Cats of Lawrence County, Tennessee for winning the 8th Annual Lady Warrior Southern Classic with a 4 and 0 record. Allen County, Kentucky finishes 2nd in the "standings" which are located on our website at http://www.riverdalesoftball.com

Special thanks to the host schools who provided top notch facilities to 43 teams from 6 states and 114 games played with only 8 games rained out(9:00 AM Saturday session). Our out-of-state visitors were particularly impressed with the quality of the competition AND fields in the middle Tennessee area. Kudos all!

Yeah

You beat one team with a winning record, the other three teams had 6 wins and 15 losses combined. Goodpasture was a quality win - can't take that away but

replace Lavergne and Cookeville with Riverdale TN, Christian Co KY, Grove City OH, Carl Sandburg IL, or Hueytown AL and then add 2 or 3 more games to the schedule and then boast about winning.

And a big congrats to Allen Co, KY they only played two games to which their opponents were 5 w and 8 L combined.

Come on how do you award second place to a team who only played two games??

Way to Go Lady Cats!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah

You beat one team with a winning record, the other three teams had 6 wins and 15 losses combined. Goodpasture was a quality win - can't take that away but

replace Lavergne and Cookeville with Riverdale TN, Christian Co KY, Grove City OH, Carl Sandburg IL, or Hueytown AL and then add 2 or 3 more games to the schedule and then boast about winning.

And a big congrats to Allen Co, KY they only played two games to which their opponents were 5 w and 8 L combined.

I would assume that Weave was not boasting about winning since Lawrence County won and in Weave's post he said visit OUR website and the website was a Riverdale website! Seems to me he is just sending out a congrats to the winner & the runner up!

Yeah

I would assume that Weave was not boasting about winning since Lawrence County won and in Weave's post he said visit OUR website and the website was a Riverdale website! Seems to me he is just sending out a congrats to the winner & the runner up!

My apologies to Lawarence Co and their fans. Congrats - you did what was required beat the teams put in front of you. No disrespect intended.

My frustratation was misdirected in the comment posted, it was meant for the tourny director, I should have created my own post. You drive hundreds of miles and/or from out of state & then travel to 8 different high schools, eliminate the single format from years past, and then have a team declared 2nd place finisher who played two games. Seems to me the whole thing could have been better thought out. At least cater to your out of state teams, let them travel the least. Grove City OH had to play at Columbia HS (1 hour further from home on the last day) then had to back track, other teams had to do similar unecessary travel. Tournament run much better in years past.

Of course sign Dickson Co up next year, you didn't have to travel 9 hours, then once you're there travel 2 and 3 more hours of travel time just to play.

Hmmmmmmm...................Well lets see??? Sounds like you have a choice to make. Travel nine hours and be irritated with the format or................. maybe, just maybe, find another tournament to attend. Based on your apparent disgust, the decision seems pretty simple to me. Just saying????

Actually I thought the quality of teams was awesome and loved part of the format. Thought there were great games from a bunch of great athletes and coaches. I wasn't really disgusted with anything, but did think that having to drive all over creation from game to game could have been better. I also didn't think it seemed fair to the out of state teams that already had to spend so much time just getting there, to then have to travel so much more. I just hope that in the future something can be done about that, and that the out of state teams come back to play again.

Actually I thought the quality of teams was awesome and loved part of the format. Thought there were great games from a bunch of great athletes and coaches. I wasn't really disgusted with anything, but did think that having to drive all over creation from game to game could have been better. I also didn't think it seemed fair to the out of state teams that already had to spend so much time just getting there, to then have to travel so much more. I just hope that in the future something can be done about that, and that the out of state teams come back to play again.

From a "LOCAL" Coach's perspective, we did truly enjoy the format. Having the opportunity to get in 7 inning games was huge but traveling from place to place and catching teams in their home environment was equally beneficial. Additionally, as someone mentioned in an earlier post, Saturday would have more than likely been a wash if we were scheduled at a city park.

I'm sure that the Riverdale Coach's have heard your plea for change and will make the necessary adjustments to entice the out of state teams to return. In fact, I would be willing to bet that once the word on this tournament format gets out, the out of state entries will explode.