Milan future?

bb2552

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There should be more input from those in that district then this. What do people in that district think of milan's chances moving forward? Just seeing what a new coach would have to look forward - I know they would need a good deal of talent to compete in that district.

Hate to say it, but it don't look too promising. They lose Perica Glenn this year to graduation. All they really have returning next year is Kasha Brooks. Milan really didn't look to have much coming up through the Jr. high either. Whatever coach takes this over will have to completely rebuild this program starting with the kids in pee wee basketball and working with all ages up through the high school level. Good Luck to Milan in finding their next coach.

The best group of kids is in the 6th grade right now. Milan will be decent next year with Brooks, reagan,Sheppard, Riggs, Iva , Akila. Will not win the district but not too bad either. But after next year, things look rough till the 6th grade can take over.

The next coach for Milan will be the key. Who ever it may be, and I have my personal hopes, will need to come in with control over the whole program from the ground up. If things go like I see them going in the MMS, I would not want to be the MHS coach, as there will be no support.

The problem I see right now is the direction the superintendent, MMS administration is headed. If the milan school board does not take notice of what is going on, Milan basketball and Milan academics are going to take a big hit. This is a key time to right the ship, if not, it will sink, quickly.

Glad my kids are out of school, as if things go like i see them, my kids would not attend Milan. Too much political crap going on to try and make a few people look good at the expense of the kids and most will be suckered into believing things are wonderful. numbers can be made to look any way you want them to look

With the hire Milan is making for the girls, the program will eventually get back on track, if the administration stays out of the way. Although it will be 5 years before Milan will again be competitive, the future is taking shape. It will be a shock for most to see who will be the new coach. No big name, just a name that will make you say " I thought ..........." . Still a good fit for Milan.

With the hire Milan is making for the girls, the program will eventually get back on track, if the administration stays out of the way. Although it will be 5 years before Milan will again be competitive, the future is taking shape. It will be a shock for most to see who will be the new coach. No big name, just a name that will make you say " I thought ..........." . Still a good fit for Milan.

Is the hire going to be the person that it has been rumored to be for months

Don't think so..... Surprised me when he called and was putting in for it. That has only been 2 weeks or so. Good coach, 13AA experience, good person, willing to wait out the hard times for things to turn around. Has a plan to make the turn around happen, but it will still take 5 years

• 2 weeks later...

Let me clarify "administration". Coach Todd, Coach Joyner are very supportive, could not ask for better. However there are some kinks in the chain, esp in the middle school and superintendent. Hopefully the school board will see thru some of the deception and take the proper steps. and soon