2. Christian Brothers

3. McCallie

4. Briarcrest

5. Baylor

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please please PLEASE, whoever is making these rankings, would you consider the strength of schedule when making the rankings.

They clearly did consider "the strength of schedule" by appointing a team that is 3-1-1 as number 1. Also, CPA does not have many wins but have played a very tough schedule and is justly rated very high. CPA was rated higher than Fairview and Hume-Fogg who have more wins.

Not sure what your specific complaint is. I think the ratings are pretty fair.

I agree with HFSteeler. If you are going to make a complaint, you need to be more specific.

I would make some changes in AAA and A/AA though. In A/AA, I would push Kingsbury to #2 since they did beat CPA head to head. I might move Alcoa up a little based on the fact that their losses are all to ranked AAA or D2 teams. But, I would not move them too high since they do have losses. Beyond that I think the a/aa are pretty fair. I do believe the districts are a little weaker in a/aa so I could see some padded records, but what can teams do when they have to play their district and some districts are quite larger than others.

In AAA, I would move Franklin ahead of Cenntennial and Brentwood, and I would move Ravenwood up and ahead of Cenntennial. What a district with all but one team in the top 11 and deserving to be there!

Looks like all of the top teams in AAA are listed, with the possible exception of Maryville.

I know some people do not like this ranking system, but it would be hard to argue with any of the AAA teams listed except perhaps the last one or two.

My personal list would look like this:

AAA

1. Farragut

2. Bearden

3. Knox West

4. Franklin

5. Brentwood

6. Ravenwood

7. Centennial

8. Hendersonville

9. Independence

10. Clarksville

11. Maryville

But, rankings are just that, it will all be decided on the field in the coming months. Should be exciting!

:lol:

I agree with HFSteeler. If you are going to make a complaint, you need to be more specific.

I would make some changes in AAA and A/AA though. In A/AA, I would push Kingsbury to #2 since they did beat CPA head to head. I might move Alcoa up a little based on the fact that their losses are all to ranked AAA or D2 teams. But, I would not move them too high since they do have losses. Beyond that I think the a/aa are pretty fair. I do believe the districts are a little weaker in a/aa so I could see some padded records, but what can teams do when they have to play their district and some districts are quite larger than others.

In AAA, I would move Franklin ahead of Cenntennial and Brentwood, and I would move Ravenwood up and ahead of Cenntennial. What a district with all but one team in the top 11 and deserving to be there!

I agree with Kingsbury moving above CPA because of head to head. My "beef" was that there are some ranked teams that have a very good record, but don't play near as hard of a schedule than teams with a lesser record. Ultimately, it doesn't really matter. Rankings are fun, and give us something to talk about, but don't win any games for any team.

Pretty good list. I am VERY interested in seeing what Kingsbury is like! Sounds like they are making some noise out west!

I think these teams will switch around some during the season, but my guess is that CCS and Notre Dame will be in the top 2 spots most of the season.

You all know how I feel about where we are ranked, so I have no complaints. I think Alcoa is better than 11 (they do play a tough schedule) but time will tell.