Eurosport Rankings Up

akula21

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coniglio is right. Until CAK relinquishes the A/AA crown, and given the "word on the street" is CAK is playing minus three key playmakers and still posting 1-0 matches with the likes of McCallie, CAK should hold the top rank. Given CCS tourney input, believe top 4 are CAK, CCS, Kingsbury, and Notre Dame, listed alphabetically, with Alcoa, Boyd, and Hume Fogg close at hand. Hixson remains my dark horse pick. Likely sectional matches will place Notre Dame and CCS against Boyd Buchanan and Hixson if teams play to ability. Should be interesting.

Someone else can post DII and AAA.

A/AA

1. CCS

2. CAK

3. Notre Dame

4. Kingsbury

5. Hume Fogg

6. Alcoa

7. CPA

8. Dyersburg

9. Hixson

10. Fairview

11. Spring Hill

Thoughts.

1. Reverse #1 and #2.

2. Where is Boyd? Apparently that's being addressed.

3. Alcoa was the state runner up last year and you're telling me they're still not in the top 5? Notre Dame has the Pope, and Kingsbury has Tim Howard, but what makes this year's Hume Fogg team so special to jump the defending state runner ups?

Food for thought.

Coniglio,

While I have watched your posts for a couple of years now and have great respect for your opinions. I do feel you are wrong. While CAK and Alcoa were tops last year, this is a new year. Players have graduated or moved or etc. The quality and makeup of a team can change drastically. I think you have to go on this year's results. And by that, I had kingsbury 1 and CCS 2. I agree Boyd should be in the top 10. But Hume deserves to be where they are. They were semi-finalists last year too since you like to look at previous years results.

I'm with you, Fevercoach. Rankings need to be decided on the current year, and not what happened last year. It's tough, however, because Alcoa and CAK don't really play A/AA teams outside of their district, so comparison isn't too easy.

Boyd WILL be in the rankings next week (they should have been in there this week but we had a glitch in the submission process). It will get worked out (believe me, Reaction will stay on top of that for sure).

I just feel like we have this debate with CAK every year. They get some injuries early in the year, maybe "struggle" against a couple big teams, and then the tournament comes around, everyone is healthy, and then they win. 6 of the last 7 years. And the other was a silver medal. I'd rank them number 1 until something happens.

Look, they're out like 3 starters right now (including a keeper?) and they're getting results like a 0-1 loss to McCallie. And McCallie is stacked. Don't ever, ever sleep on that team when the post season starts.

I'll give you the Alcoa-HF debate. But I wouldn't want to play Alcoa late in the year. Absolutely not.

Also, generally the best school out in the west should barely crack the top 10 (they always high votes with nice records, and then they always lose early).

This year is a HUGE exception. Kingsbury is so legit. But after them, the western rule might still need to apply. Maybe this year is different with Kingsbury's talent forcing the other schools to get better.

Ranking thoughts.

Thank you Coniglio and fevercoach for recognizing Hume-Fogg. We haven't played as difficult a schedule as teams such as Alcoa but that is mainly due to the fact that we have 3 new programs added to our district that we need to play. We hope to get another chance to take on Alcoa in the state tournament but first things first.

While I have thought that the West has in the past had too many highly ranked teams I think that as they make up 1/4 of the regions they should have a couple of teams in the poll.

Kingsbury is great but USJ and Westview were pretty good in the past as well.

Some great debates and soccer talk.

Thanks for backing us up, conig, I think everyone's sentiments on this are valid. It is a new season and we all have different make ups for our teams. I know both G and I have had some "fun" discussions over that topic this year. I think the rankings are fair, especially since this was the first vote and we will only get more accurate with more input from coaches around the state. But the true ranking will sort itself out at the end of the year.

Just hoping for no more negative surprises :roflol:

Good Luck to all.

Coniglio,

While I have watched your posts for a couple of years now and have great respect for your opinions. I do feel you are wrong. While CAK and Alcoa were tops last year, this is a new year. Players have graduated or moved or etc. The quality and makeup of a team can change drastically. I think you have to go on this year's results. And by that, I had kingsbury 1 and CCS 2. I agree Boyd should be in the top 10. But Hume deserves to be where they are. They were semi-finalists last year too since you like to look at previous years results.

Well since you only want to go on this years results, why does HF deserve to be where they are? Just curious since the reason you gave was based on last years results.

Ok lot of comments so this may be a little long. At this point, the top AAA and D2 teams have dominated a/aa, and by that I mean the only WIN a A/AA team has against a potential top 25 AAA or D2 team is CCS's win against Science Hill. Since I only have results to go by and have not seen a lot of teams play, it is a fine line to rank a team based on record versus quality of team played. Prime example is Butler University basketball. Should they have received a lower seed since they played in a lesser conference? In the end, we found out they could have played with anyone and could have been a higher seed. In the end, a loss is a loss. Perhaps they were close games, maybe one team played for a result and packed in to keep the score down, or perhaps one team dominated but was unlucky to score. To really evaluate teams, you have to be at the games otherwise you are just speculating. Games are coming up soon to sort things out.

While I have the utmost respect for CAK, I don't think their results make them top 4 right now. I appreciate the fact that they always make great runs in the playoffs, but the rankings are for the way people are playing right now. And I would never count on people recovering from injury. Even if they are healed, it does not mean they are match fit or they will have the mental toughness needed. Unless you are the government, you have to work with what you have in the hand and not do things on what you MAY have in the future.

As for Hume Fogg, they are 8-1 and while the loss to White House is a bit suspect they have beaten a good MLK team. I think we will know a lot about them and Fairview tomorrow night when they play. For anyone who is there, I would love to have a full report as my team is going to play Fairview soon and would like to know more about them.

So as it stands, my top 4 RIGHT NOW are as follows:

1-Kingsbury

2-CCS

3-Boyd

4-Hume Fogg

Outside of them, I would not want to have to play CAK, Alcoa, CPA, Fairview, or Notre Dame in the playoffs. As I said, let see more games. I think upcoming results will clear up the picture.