ANDERSON CO. vs. POWELL

tnbaseball2

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anderson coy tc took an absolute thriller today In Game one. Ac was in Control until the seventh inning, when words between dugouts were exchanged and tanner Williams was fatigued. Powell put two In The board and lost by a hair off if a play from trinity carrol to Tyler miller. it was a great game and a thriller I look forward to game two

This was a great pitching matchup between the two teams with Tanner Williams from A.C. going against Drake Owenby from Powell. It was 3 to 0 until the bottom of the 7th when Tanner Williams ran out of gas. Taylor Durand who should be starting Wednesday had to come in for the last few outs. Owenby pitched a pretty good game with only very few mistakes. Wednesday should be a good matchup as well.

after reading the paper, how bad of a call was it?

It was a horrible call. The runner was clearly there.

However, no excuses - bad calls happen, and that didn't beat the Panthers. What beat Powell was the inability to score with bases loaded and none out in the bottom of the first. That was the killer, not the call to end the game.

From an Powell standpoint, you just have to put that one behind you and get ready to play on Wednesday.

However, no excuses - bad calls happen, and that didn't beat the Panthers. What beat Powell was the inability to score with bases loaded and none out in the bottom of the first. That was the killer, not the call to end the game.

From an Powell standpoint, you just have to put that one behind you and get ready to play on Wednesday.

I'm not sure there are that many other Powell fans who'd agree with you, HTV, about the ultimate outcome of the game. If Skeen is called safe, you've got your no. 6 hitter up with the chance for a walk-off win. At the very least you've tied the game and go another inning. But I understand where you're coming from, although it's easier for me to accede to your point as an AC fan. Owenby's dad was fit to be tied. Owenby is a heck of a pitcher, especially for a SO. Tanner Williams pitched a great game too.

I'm not sure there are that many other Powell fans who'd agree with you, HTV, about the ultimate outcome of the game. If Skeen is called safe, you've got your no. 6 hitter up with the chance for a walk-off win. At the very least you've tied the game and go another inning. But I understand where you're coming from, although it's easier for me to accede to your point as an AC fan. Owenby's dad was fit to be tied. Owenby is a heck of a pitcher, especially for a SO. Tanner Williams pitched a great game too.

Knowing Tony like I do, I am sure he was pretty upset, and with good reason. Like I said, it was clearly a game defining call, and video confirmed that it was a bad call. No question what so ever. My point is that it never should have come to that point in the first place, if you take care of business in the first inning.

My nature is to keep things in proper perspective. The great thing about baseball is that once a game it done you have a maximum of a day or two before your next game. With baseball being a tournament sport, you have to put bad breaks behind you and get ready for the next game and try to be at peak once tourney time gets here.

Knowing Tony like I do, I am sure he was pretty upset, and with good reason. Like I said, it was clearly a game defining call, and video confirmed that it was a bad call. No question what so ever. My point is that it never should have come to that point in the first place, if you take care of business in the first inning.

My nature is to keep things in proper perspective. The great thing about baseball is that once a game it done you have a maximum of a day or two before your next game. With baseball being a tournament sport, you have to put bad breaks behind you and get ready for the next game and try to be at peak once tourney time gets here.

I agree with everything you say here and in the earlier post. What struck me, and I failed to get my point across very well above, was that most folks aren't able to divorce their feelings and look at things as objectively as you did by emphasizing lost opportunities earlier in a game. They, by contrast, will focus solely on the call and attribute the outcome only to that. Anyhow, I'm looking forward to tomorrow night. Who's your no. 2 right now?

I agree with everything you say here and in the earlier post. What struck me, and I failed to get my point across very well above, was that most folks aren't able to divorce their feelings and look at things as objectively as you did by emphasizing lost opportunities earlier in a game. They, by contrast, will focus solely on the call and attribute the outcome only to that. Anyhow, I'm looking forward to tomorrow night. Who's your no. 2 right now?

I'm not sure who Jeff will go to tomorrow. He's has a couple of pretty good options.

I'm an old school baseball guy. I learned a long time ago that you have to put things behind you and go on. That's easier for me to say because my son graduated from Powell 5 years ago, so I am not "emotionally" tied to every pitch now like I used to be, but having the Powell ties that I do I am still very much of a Panther supporter and want to see them win every time out.

This team will be fine. They have a good mix of veterans and youth and Jeff is a good baseball coach. They'll learn and get better as a baseball team.