JPII New Coach

Veer

It is being reported that JPII will also have a new Athletic Director, Girl's Basketball Coach and Football Coach. I am sure that most football coaches will want to wait and see who their boss will be before signing a contract. Will the football coach become the athletic director? If JPII decides that they want to give financial aid to athletes they can be very successful. However, if they continue like they have for the last few years they will continue to be on the bottom looking up at the other D2 teams.

JPII already gives aid to athletes based on need. What JPII needs to do is get in the proper classification for their size. That would be DivII A. The success you alluded to took place in that classification. Never won a title even in Div II A. All Div II schools can give aid to athletes. So why don't you say what you mean. If JPII will give the studs full rides, then they might rise from the ashes of Div II AA. But what about the other needy students who don't happen to play sports, the heck with them. Boy that would be fair and promote the schools mission backwards. :thumb: In previous posts of yours in years past, you have stated the exact same situation for Father Ryan, now what is it going to be, JPII or Ryan as the bottom dweller according to you.

It's my understanding that Father Ryan brought in two freshmen to play football for the 2009-10 season. This was a way for the school to "test the waters" and see how it worked. I have been told that the two Non-Catholic student/athletes have been successful in both the classroom & on the athletic fields. The end result has been positive and the Irish are looking to bring in around four or five athletes for the 2010-11 school year. I was given this information by a member of the Board of Trust.

I know how you feel about athletes being given 100% of the financial aid that they qualify for when other students are only given 50% of what they qualify for according to the people in Princeton. If this is happening and you have a problem with it you may wish to speak with the President of Father Ryan or the Board of Trust.

I believe I will wait and see if what you post is true or just a rumor. If they are getting 100% aid which I highly doubt, then I would speak to the Bishop not the board of trust. I even doubt that Father Ryan has as you describe it brought anybody just for sports, in other words you are stating that they are recruiting for the sole purpose of playing a sport and giving 100% aid irregardless of qualification, thats against the rules of TSSAA and eithics in general, care to elaborate further. :hungry:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is being reported that JPII will also have a new Athletic Director, Girl's Basketball Coach and Football Coach. I am sure that most football coaches will want to wait and see who their boss will be before signing a contract. Will the football coach become the athletic director? If JPII decides that they want to give financial aid to athletes they can be very successful. However, if they continue like they have for the last few years they will continue to be on the bottom looking up at the other D2 teams.

JPII already gives aid to athletes based on need. What JPII needs to do is get in the proper classification for their size. That would be DivII A. The success you alluded to took place in that classification. Never won a title even in Div II A. All Div II schools can give aid to athletes. So why don't you say what you mean. If JPII will give the studs full rides, then they might rise from the ashes of Div II AA. But what about the other needy students who don't happen to play sports, the heck with them. Boy that would be fair and promote the schools mission backwards. :hungry: In previous posts of yours in years past, you have stated the exact same situation for Father Ryan, now what is it going to be, JPII or Ryan as the bottom dweller according to you.

Their enrollment does not allow them to drop down. Unlike schools like BGA that choose to play up, with JPII's enrollment they can't move down.

Are you sure about classification. They have approximately 640 students, I was told that they elected to play up when they could have stayed in Div II A.

So his son got him the job when Antioch booted him? Regardless, I heard he's telling people he's applying for JPII.

McPhail left on his own terms. His son was a rising freshman and was going to Father Ryan. He took a position as OC so he could coach his son. McPhail is a good person and leaving AHS was probably a good decision on his part. It has worked out well for both McPhail and AHS. Take that as you will but McPhail got to see his son play and AHS ended up with Woodward.

For a guy who appears to be an Overton groupie you sure seem to know a lot about Antioch. What gives?