JPII New Coach

Veer

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's my understanding that Father Ryan brought in two freshmen to play football for the 2009-10 season. This was a way for the school to "test the waters" and see how it worked. I have been told that the two Non-Catholic student/athletes have been successful in both the classroom & on the athletic fields. The end result has been positive and the Irish are looking to bring in around four or five athletes for the 2010-11 school year. I was given this information by a member of the Board of Trust.

I know how you feel about athletes being given 100% of the financial aid that they qualify for when other students are only given 50% of what they qualify for according to the people in Princeton. If this is happening and you have a problem with it you may wish to speak with the President of Father Ryan or the Board of Trust.

I believe I will wait and see if what you post is true or just a rumor. If they are getting 100% aid which I highly doubt, then I would speak to the Bishop not the board of trust. I even doubt that Father Ryan has as you describe it brought anybody just for sports, in other words you are stating that they are recruiting for the sole purpose of playing a sport and giving 100% aid irregardless of qualification, thats against the rules of TSSAA and eithics in general, care to elaborate further. :)

I'm with you...that sounds a little dubious. Looked at from another perspective, I can't see Ryan taking a risk of this magnitude just to benefit a fairly respectable football program that is just one part of a very successful athletic program. If this is true and were exposed, any TSSAA penalties would be trivial compared to the loss of prestige and the moral damage that would accompany. And if you focus on Ryan's freshman team, there's no problem with the football program at all. Their freshman are successful year in and year out. I suspect someone at Ryan has noticed this, and probably doesn't think the solution is two illegal recruits who are receiving a better financial arrangement than a local Catholic child.

So I'm guessing McPhail didn't get the look he'd hoped for once Rutledge's name was thrown into it?

Is there any specific reason that you keep bringing McPhail's name up in all of your post? Its starting to look like you might have a man crush on him. lol I thought this was about the position at JPII. Question should be since rutledge has been named, will he keep the staff at Pope or build his on?

So I'm guessing McPhail didn't get the look he'd hoped for once Rutledge's name was thrown into it?

Is there any specific reason that you keep bringing McPhail's name up in all of your post? Its starting to look like you might have a man crush on him. lol I thought this was about the position at JPII. Question should be since rutledge has been named, will he keep the staff at Pope or build his on?

Yes there is. The specific reason is that I WANT TO. Who died and made you king of the thread that you get to decide what everyone's question SHOULD be. My question SHOULD be whatever I want my question TO be. If you want to know about the staff then YOUR question SHOULD be about the staff. That's not MY question. I heard that he was telling people he was going to apply. I'm wondering what happened. Sorry to bother you with my wondering. If it's really that big of a problem for you there is a simple answer. Don't read my post!

Yes there is. The specific reason is that I WANT TO. Who died and made you king of the thread that you get to decide what everyone's question SHOULD be. My question SHOULD be whatever I want my question TO be. If you want to know about the staff then YOUR question SHOULD be about the staff. That's not MY question. I heard that he was telling people he was going to apply. I'm wondering what happened. Sorry to bother you with my wondering. If it's really that big of a problem for you there is a simple answer. Don't read my post!

Nobody made me king of the thread, what happen is everyone sees your fishing to get something started and nobody bit on the bait. Please stop with the its my party and I can do what I want to. I really doubt that McPhail was telling people that he was goin to apply, due to the fact he does have another son at Ryan.

Nobody made me king of the thread, what happen is everyone sees your fishing to get something started and nobody bit on the bait. Please stop with the its my party and I can do what I want to. I really doubt that McPhail was telling people that he was goin to apply, due to the fact he does have another son at Ryan.

I'm fishing nothing...I'm tossing no bait...I'm stating what I heard from someone at Holy Rosary. If you don't believe that...I don't care. I never claimed it was "my party". I do believe that I am allowed to ask a question on the thread. You, buddy, are the one who tried to tell me what I can and can't ask. You, buddy, are the one with the "it's my party" complex. Talked to the friend at HR again and you are wrong. If you choose not to respond to my post that would be wonderful, but don't tell me what I can and can't post.

It's my understanding that Father Ryan brought in two freshmen to play football for the 2009-10 season. This was a way for the school to "test the waters" and see how it worked. I have been told that the two Non-Catholic student/athletes have been successful in both the classroom & on the athletic fields. The end result has been positive and the Irish are looking to bring in around four or five athletes for the 2010-11 school year. I was given this information by a member of the Board of Trust.

I know how you feel about athletes being given 100% of the financial aid that they qualify for when other students are only given 50% of what they qualify for according to the people in Princeton. If this is happening and you have a problem with it you may wish to speak with the President of Father Ryan or the Board of Trust.

I believe I will wait and see if what you post is true or just a rumor. If they are getting 100% aid which I highly doubt, then I would speak to the Bishop not the board of trust. I even doubt that Father Ryan has as you describe it brought anybody just for sports, in other words you are stating that they are recruiting for the sole purpose of playing a sport and giving 100% aid irregardless of qualification, thats against the rules of TSSAA and eithics in general, care to elaborate further. :lol:

I'm with you...that sounds a little dubious. Looked at from another perspective, I can't see Ryan taking a risk of this magnitude just to benefit a fairly respectable football program that is just one part of a very successful athletic program. If this is true and were exposed, any TSSAA penalties would be trivial compared to the loss of prestige and the moral damage that would accompany. And if you focus on Ryan's freshman team, there's no problem with the football program at all. Their freshman are successful year in and year out. I suspect someone at Ryan has noticed this, and probably doesn't think the solution is two illegal recruits who are receiving a better financial arrangement than a local Catholic child.

Good to hear from you Kwoodruff, hope you and your family are doing well. :blush:

Good to hear from you Kwoodruff, hope you and your family are doing well. :popcorneater:

Doing nicely, thank you. Hope everybody up your way stayed dry. I read there was some damage at JP II. This causes me to fear damage at Center Point BarBQue, a loss too painful even to contemplate.