WeStMoReLaNd EaGlE fOoTbAlL

Eag4LIFE

Yeah, Mungle was a gritty player. Played against him in 89. You guys were a 3 touchdown favorite at home. I think we ended up winning by two or three. Needless to say our run was ended by Oneida that year. Things were so much simpler when it was 1A, 2A, and 3A. I played from 86 to 89. Good memories.
I totally agree with you. Things were much simpler then. But there were still some out there that cried and moaned when it was A, AA, AAA. Looks like you got lucky and avoided that 1990 massacre by Dewayne Harper. :lol: Now that double wing-T was tough. So what's up for Motown this year? Playoffs I hope. :D

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Mungle was a gritty player. Played against him in 89. You guys were a 3 touchdown favorite at home. I think we ended up winning by two or three. Needless to say our run was ended by Oneida that year. Things were so much simpler when it was 1A, 2A, and 3A. I played from 86 to 89. Good memories.
I totally agree with you. Things were much simpler then. But there were still some out there that cried and moaned when it was A, AA, AAA. Looks like you got lucky and avoided that 1990 massacre by Dewayne Harper. :lol: Now that double wing-T was tough. So what's up for Motown this year? Playoffs I hope. :D

Yeah, in 89 we graduated 18 seniors that all started on offense or defense. That didn't leave much in the way of experience for the 90 group. Seems like we were always on the INFAMOUS bubble which caused us to be bumped up in 87 and 88. We had just come off a semi-final run in 86 and then had to play up. Don't know bout this year. I think it all depends on whether we can make some kind of attempt to pass the football this year. If not, could be more of the same as last year.

I totally agree with you. Things were much simpler then. But there were still some out there that cried and moaned when it was A, AA, AAA. Looks like you got lucky and avoided that 1990 massacre by Dewayne Harper. :D Now that double wing-T was tough. So what's up for Motown this year? Playoffs I hope. :lol:

Yeah, in 89 we graduated 18 seniors that all started on offense or defense. That didn't leave much in the way of experience for the 90 group. Seems like we were always on the INFAMOUS bubble which caused us to be bumped up in 87 and 88. We had just come off a semi-final run in 86 and then had to play up. Don't know bout this year. I think it all depends on whether we can make some kind of attempt to pass the football this year. If not, could be more of the same as last year.

I thought ya'll had some new flashcat coming in from Alabama to play? :D

• 1 month later...

Here is the news...heard they have a transfer coming in from Alabama. He was a running back for a 3A school. Played Linebacker, and lead his team into the 3rd round of the playoffs.

Coach Bradley is ready to lead the MIGHTY EAGLES to an upset over White House and claim the region title.

Heard news today, Coach Bradley is out idk why but coach JACKIE KELLEY is back for another year with the Eagles and will finish the 2010 season with them. Then after that i dont know what is the plan i have heard they will give him the option to stay or go so who knows but i know i was happy to hear that he is coming back for one more run. :)

Heard news today, Coach Bradley is out idk why but coach JACKIE KELLEY is back for another year with the Eagles and will finish the 2010 season with them. Then after that i dont know what is the plan i have heard they will give him the option to stay or go so who knows but i know i was happy to hear that he is coming back for one more run. :)

Wow, is this true?

EAGLE PRIDE!!!! This is great news! This should fire up our fan base for sure. Motown needed this badly after a very dissapointing 2009 campaign. I've got a couple of little eagles myself in the westmoreland schools. Hope he sticks around as long as he did before. Maybe Coach just needed to step away from the game for while. Nothing wrong with that. :thumb: Go eagles!!!!

I read the article about Bradley resigning, and I think its interesting that he came right out and said that he butted heads with the administration about how to run the program.

I thought he done some good things with the team last year, so what were they at odds about.

I also found it interesting that players were coming out and saying something needed to change.

I read the article about Bradley resigning, and I think its interesting that he came right out and said that he butted heads with the administration about how to run the program.

I thought he done some good things with the team last year, so what were they at odds about.

I also found it interesting that players were coming out and saying something needed to change.

Yeah the article made mentions of the style of offense being used. :popcorneater:

Yeah the article made mentions of the style of offense being used. :popcorneater:

I've heard that the lack of control and discipline is what did him in, and I don't think too many Eagle supporters were in favor of the single wing.

Glad to see Coach Kelly back on the sidelines....good man and a good coach!

Question....why wouldn't they take a serious look at Jamie Adkins(sp?)? Did they just want some "new blood" in the program when they hired the last coach?

Edited by SEVEN

I've heard that the lack of control and discipline is what did him in, and I don't think too many Eagle supporters were in favor of the single wing.

Glad to see Coach Kelly back on the sidelines....good man and a good coach!

Question....why wouldn't they take a serious look at Jamie Adkins(sp?)? Did they just want some "new blood" in the program when they hired the last coach?

The single wing isn't a bad offense if ran right, but I wouldn't have it as my main offense.

When they played Gville last year, they ran the Power I most of the night.

They might have only been 2-8, but I thought he did some good things last year.

Beating Carthage and Lafayette, and they came awfully close to beating Gville, and Westy was a very inexperienced team last year.

Either way, though, Jackie Kelley is Westmoreland football in my mind.