New Head Coach at Gibson Co.

cmeister

I'm looking forward to seeing what Coach Atkins can do with Gibson Co. Gibson Co. has nowhere to go except up. It's definately going to be tough to compete against teams like Milan, Westview, Crockett and Dyersburg, but if he can get full support from fans, players, and administration, then positive things could happen for the football program. Support will go a long ways for a football team, something Gibson Co. has been lacking in the past and hopefully will change!

I agree with your post GC has no where to go but up. Give the man a chance before u throw him to the dogs. John Tucker even had to start somewhere! :roflol:

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should interesting because Atkins is a "spread" guy who has a far different philosophy than the traditional west-TN coaches (Morris, Hayes, Pratt, Mansfield, Counce, Ward, etc.) who are content with smash mouth "3 yards in a cloud of dust" type of football. I wonder how this will work out because in past years "spread" offenses have sometimes proven to be a nightmare for west-TN teams because in most cases it is totally foreign to them.

The last coach at GC ran a spread. Maybe their new coach will have better luck with it.

This should interesting because Atkins is a "spread" guy who has a far different philosophy than the traditional west-TN coaches (Morris, Hayes, Pratt, Mansfield, Counce, Ward, etc.) who are content with smash mouth "3 yards in a cloud of dust" type of football. I wonder how this will work out because in past years "spread" offenses have sometimes proven to be a nightmare for west-TN teams because in most cases it is totally foreign to them.

The last coach at GC ran a spread. Maybe their new coach will have better luck with it.

I'm ready to see what Atkins can do. I just hope he can get the support from the adminstration, something that Coach Dyer didn't get.