wow this story is bad to see

geterdone

more bad news for the UTC wrestling program

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2010 ... -shopping/

This is OUTRAGEOUS !

A story about possible lawyers' and judges' ethics and practices and the feature photo is of a teenage athlete who is not even arrested ??? This so called newspaper is on a par with the supermarket tabloids, the ones obsessed with Elvis and incest. Where does this reporter and editor get off with printing private and personal information about a minor in a public forum ?

I sincerely hope the Youngs retain a top attorney of their own and BBQ this pathetic paper's collective ####es.

Young is 19, therefore no longer a minor by over a year.

The paper may have tarnished his image but from what I see the story focuses mostly on the attorney and judge. There is no grounds to file a lawsuit against the times. Where was there libel? The first test in a libel case is about whether or not what was written true. Well is the info true?

The paper may have tarnished his image but from what I see the story focuses mostly on the attorney and judge. There is no grounds to file a lawsuit against the times. Where was there libel? The first test in a libel case is about whether or not what was written true. Well is the info true?

I would beg to differ with you on one point. When the article first went up and they had a copy of the ticket, they had the young man's Social Security # visible. That is really irresponsible. I notice that they have now blocked it which tells me they realize what a mistake that was. If a newspaper printed my social security number, i would definitely seek legal counsel to see what grounds I had to protest my privacy being violated.

My heart goes out the Young family. Great people, Great kid, just make a mistake. I hope its a wake up call. Young's, I'm thinking about you guys.

I would beg to differ with you on one point. When the article first went up and they had a copy of the ticket, they had the young man's Social Security # visible. That is really irresponsible. I notice that they have now blocked it which tells me they realize what a mistake that was. If a newspaper printed my social security number, i would definitely seek legal counsel to see what grounds I had to protest my privacy being violated.

My heart goes out the Young family. Great people, Great kid, just make a mistake. I hope its a wake up call. Young's, I'm thinking about you guys.

The copy of the citation is what I was refering to. Not only was the SS # given but his driver's license # home address, cell phone number, physical description, date of birth, vehicle make and tag number, officer's statement and likely other info I missed. In short with the picture provided it would take very little effort to become Jake Young. Who ever provided the ticket, the reporter and editor of the Chatt rag need to get their butts sued off. A story about legal ethics or lack of by lawyers and judges becomes a smear job on a darn good kid and exposes him to all kinds of identity theft issues. Let's publish the same info about the idiot reporter and equally ignorant editorial staff and see how they like it.