David Russell retires from Gibson Co...

GCPioneer

You might want to rethink that comment. Remember Farris Lowery is coming to Huntingdon and will be in that District. Should be very interesting over the next few years.

Bluegold..GC was just messing with me because I said Gibson Co would be the second best team those years.He knew I was talking about Lake Co being the best so he just said Gleason...!But in saying that.Gleason has always been a power..believe they do lose some good players but Lake Co has most everyone back the next two years and should start 3 juniors,a sophomore and a freshman .The girls that are juniors won the middle school sectionals or the so called state while in middle school.Or as least as far as a midle school could go..They also won it again this year.One of those players will start as a freshman and be a very god player on a team that was ranked in the top 5 about all year.They have a couple 7th graders..will be 8th graders that should keep things going.Lake Co middle school hasn't lost a home game in 3 years and probably only about 4 games during that time and it was mostly in tournament action.And they are playing larger schools like Dyersburg,Northview,Humboldt,Three Oaks..not Yorkville,Rives,etc..not knocking those teams but a big difference.!So I think Lake Co will be a power for at least the next 5 years.But I do wish Lake Co would play Gibson Co whether the Pioneers stay in Double A or Single A..I'd like to schedule games with Obion Central..Close schools ..would be a great game and a very good money game.!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:roflol: Congratulations, Coach Russell on a fantastic H.S. career! I'm not a casual fan,as I'v followed closley for over thirty years high school basketball,and of a handful (in my opinion) of coaches even in your class, with respects to Coaches Frazier,Byrd,and probably Chandler,I believe that you're the best that I've had the honor to watch. It's obvious,if you follow girls b.b. that I'm from a single A town in west tn. I could easily dislike you,as Bradford has slammed the door in "my" lady lions' teams collective faces more times than I'd care to remember,(some when I'd have matched them against anyone),but respect,as you've earned it,outweighs regret.Best of luck at U.T.M., I'll be watching! signed; a Scotts Hill Fan. :roflol: