D.O.D

splinter

Big Week for the tournament placements

4-27

West @ Catholic

LC @ Bearden

4-30

Maryville @ West

Bearden should have the 2nd seed locked up, leaving the rest of them to fight for 3rd, 4th, and 5th.

I think the Maryville/West game should be the decider for the #3 spot. As long as Maryville can compose their attack and finish, they "could" give Bearden a fit in the District Semi-Finals!

I love this time of the year!

Catholic 1, West 0

Wow. So, where does that put Catholic? 2nd or 3rd?

The way I see it is that Farragut and Bearden have #1 and #2 spot locked up. And Maryville controls their own destiny.

If Maryville beats West on Friday, then Maryville has the #3 spot to play #6, who would be Lenoir City (the winner plays Bearden). Catholic would have #4 and they would play the #5, who would be West (the winner would play Farragut).

If Maryville loses to West, then Catholic would be #3 and I think Maryville would drop to the #5 spot.

I don't even want to think about a tie right now.

Let's just say that the outcome of this game on Friday night between Maryville and West will have an impact on many different teams and their playoff situations.

Catholic 1, West 0

Wow. So, where does that put Catholic? 2nd or 3rd?

The way I see it is that Farragut and Bearden have #1 and #2 spot locked up. And Maryville controls their own destiny.

If Maryville beats West on Friday, then Maryville has the #3 spot to play #6, who would be Lenoir City (the winner plays Bearden). Catholic would have #4 and they would play the #5, who would be West (the winner would play Farragut).

If Maryville loses to West, then Catholic would be #3 and I think Maryville would drop to the #5 spot.

I don't even want to think about a tie right now.

Let's just say that the outcome of this game on Friday night between Maryville and West will have an impact on many different teams and their playoff situations.

Thanks Ned for doing all the thinking for us :) Whats your prediction in the West/Maryville game?

Ned did not mention that the 5 seed and the 6 seed (Lenoir City) first have to defeat the 7 (Heritage) and the 8 (William Blount) before moving on to play the 3 and 4 seeds. The 1 and 2 seeds get two byes and advance directly into the semi-finals. The 3 and 4 seeds get one bye and advance directly into the quarterfinals. Just thought this was worth mentioning.

Maryville/West should be a great game. A lot will depend on who's in goal for Maryville and how he handles the many balls that West will serve precisely in front of the goal. Maryville will most likely dominate in possession and shots, but they won't have (and won't convert) as many legitimate scoring chances as West will. I'll say West wins 3-2 in a very exciting game.